Question about Chevrolet Cars & Trucks
Posted by Anonymous on
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
you don't. take it into a Hyndai Dealership and have the handle repaired/replaced. The rear hatch panel/cover has to be removed (from inside the vehicle) to access the hatch latch and open the door.. from that point the handle can be replaced/repaired.
Posted on May 27, 2009
This is what I found. Mine would not open and handle moved freely but would not open. I had to manually pop the lock from inside. There are several screws to remove so you can access area behind blue circle. Yellow arrows are screws shown, there are also two screws on edge where red arrows are pointing. The panel will not come off completely, we just need to pull the top out to get our hand down inside. When you look down, you will probably see something like this. the bar with threads hangin loosley. This is the bar to locate. Grab bar and pull up, While holding bar up push door open. Next there are a few screws to remove from underside of door once opened. Should be one in each handle as shown, and four total on edges. Now we place the threaded rod into the clamp. It may seem like it will hold but should secure it so this does not re-occur. I welded te bar to the clip with two small spot welds. Tape will work just as well but be sure that after taping, the gold bar slides left and right. The slide is your lockng mechanism. Test and reassemble. Hope this helps some one with the pics.
Posted on Aug 01, 2009
This is how to replace it on a 1996 Blazer 4dr.
First, go buy the part you need at Rockauto. The link is for a 1996, but make sure you order it for your vehicle. Just do a search for a Window Actuator Rod Retainer. Rock Auto requires you order a pair of these, so make sure you order two. Each one has two of them in there so you will have 3 extras.
Window Actuator Rod Retainers - RockAuto.com
To open the window in the mean time while you are waiting for the part, do the following.
1. Remove the two screws on the door handle so you can pull back the door panel.
2. Pull back panel on top in the middle where it rises.
3. Reach in with a screw driver or your fingers to push down the lever. It's a metal piece on the left side against the wall to the inside of the blazer.
4. Open window and tailgate and remove screws on the sides of the tailgate. There is one on each side. Make sure it is the one fartest out and on the plastic panel.
5. Once the screws are removed, pull up on half the panel that is farthest out from the truck. Slide out away from the truck. The panel should come off with a little effort. Do not pull up on the panel closest to the truck, you will break the hooks that hold it in. I broke two on mine. The panel will slide away from the truck pretty easily.
6. Remove the screws holding the middle metal panel down. There are about 12 screws. They are the 9/32 socket screws.
7. Pull the metal panel up, first dislodge the metal poles connected to the two white clips on each side in the center of the panel.
8. You will now see your actuator with the broken blue clip.
9. Pop off the blue retainer from the actuator. This will take some effort but it will pop off. (here's where you can replace the actuator if it's not making a sound)
10. Place one end of the retainer into the loose metal piece that rotates (left arrow in third picture) and then pop the other end back on to the actuator.
11. Replace the metal panel and clip the poles back into the white clips.
12. Make sure your door handle rod is clipped into the lock before you close the tailgate. If not, you have to work at opening it again by sliding you arm down between the plastic panel and it's not easy.
13. Replace everything. Before you close the door, make sure the door handle works and make sure the actuator is connected.
14. You should now be able to use your tailgate window again!
I am taking a guess your trying to remove the tailgate panel to fix this problem???
Posted on Dec 23, 2009
my 06 tahoe just got this problem...all other doors lock and unlock with the fab and door switch...but the hatch is in permanent locked mode. i cant even unlock the hatch window. why is this happening?
Posted on Mar 09, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 01, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
Aug 29, 2014 | 2000 Chevrolet Blazer
Mar 27, 2014 | Chevrolet Blazer Cars & Trucks
Nov 29, 2017 | 2002 Chevrolet Blazer
May 06, 2010 | 2003 Chevrolet Blazer
Jul 15, 2009 | 2000 Chevrolet Blazer
Aug 13, 2008 | 1996 Chevrolet Blazer
Jun 13, 2008 | 1995 Chevrolet Blazer
204 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!