Question about Cars & Trucks
I have to replace the remote key for keyless doors and ignition on my 2007 Altima
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: remote keyless entry
“CUSTOMER LEARN” MODE
This feature is only available on domestic vehicles or those which have a U.S. country code designator. This procedure requires access to at least two valid Sentry Keys. If two valid Sentry Keys are not available, Sentry Key programming will require the use of a scan tool.
The steps required to program Sentry Keys with two valid Sentry Keys follows:
1. Obtain the blank Sentry Key(s) that need to be programmed. Cut the keys to match the ignition lock cylinder mechanical key codes. 2. Insert one of the two valid Sentry Keys into the ignition switch and turn the ignition switch to the ON position. 3. After the ignition switch has been in the ON position for longer than three seconds, but no more than fifteen seconds, cycle the ignition switch back to the OFF position. Replace the first valid Sentry Key in the ignition lock cylinder with the second valid Sentry Key and turn the ignition switch back to the ON position. The second valid Sentry Key must be inserted within 15 seconds of removing the first valid Sentry key. 4. About ten seconds after the completion of Step #3 , the indicator light will start to flash and a single audible chime tone will sound to indicate that the system has entered the "Customer Learn" programming mode. 5. Within sixty seconds of entering the "Customer Learn" programming mode, turn the ignition switch to the OFF position, replace the valid Sentry Key with a blank Sentry Key transponder, and turn the ignition switch back to the ON position. 6. About ten seconds after the completion of Step #5 , a single audible chime tone will sound and the indicator light will stop flashing and stay on solid for three seconds and then turn off to indicate that the blank Sentry Key has been successfully programmed. The SKREES will immediately exit the "Customer Learn" programming mode and the vehicle may be started using the newly programmed Sentry Key.
NOTE: The Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) Transmitter will also be programmed during this procedure. These steps must be completed in their entirety for each additional Sentry Key to be programmed. If any of the above steps are not completed in the given sequence, or within the allotted time, the SKREES will exit the "Customer Learn" programming mode and the programming will be unsuccessful. The SKREES will also automatically exit the "Customer Learn" programming mode if:
NOTE: If you attempt to start the vehicle while in “Customer Learn” mode (LED flashing), the vehicle will behave as though an invalid key is being used (i.e. the engine will stall after two (2) seconds of running). No faults will be logged.
NOTE: Once a Sentry Key has been programmed to a particular vehicle, it cannot be used on any other vehicle.
Posted on Aug 05, 2008
SOURCE: Keyless entry remote
hello Kirk , follow these instructions carefully :
sitting in car with all the remotes you wish to register with the vehicle readily available ,,close all doors ! insert key into ignition and remove 6 times within 10 seconds ,, (hazzard warning lamps will then flash twice) ** note withdraw key completely from the cylinder each time ,, if procedure is done too fast it will not enter registration mode ,, ok ,, insert ignition key into cylinder and turn to the accessory position ,, Push any button on the key fob once ,, (hazzard warning lamps will then flash twice),, at this time the new ID code is entered ,, at this time open drivers door ,, check operation of all remotes ..
enjoy Mate .
Posted on Jan 04, 2009
This is the procedure from the service manaul:
XJ8 Remote Control Programming
1. Unlock the Boot/trunk with key.
2. Turn Ignition on.
3. Warning light on dash comes on.
4. When they go out, lift arm rest, inside their is a valley button, Press 5 times within 5 secs of lights on dash going out, Horn & Lights Flash.
5. Press any button on remote, remote programmed.
Posted on Jan 16, 2009
It needs to be adapted using dealer scan tool or if you know someone with VAGCOM. Make sure you have all your remotes. When performing this.
Posted on May 28, 2009
The best place to purchase a replacement battery is AutoZone. They have a tester there to make sure everything is working. It should be on the help counter.
Posted on Jul 15, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 07, 2016 | Nissan Cars & Trucks
Jun 01, 2014 | 2007 Suzuki XL-7
Dec 02, 2012 | 2007 Nissan Altima
May 11, 2012 | 2007 Honda Accord Sedan
Feb 23, 2011 | Chevrolet Monte Carlo Cars & Trucks
Aug 04, 2009 | 2007 Lincoln Mark LT 4x2 5.5
Apr 03, 2009 | 2005 Nissan Altima
Jan 04, 2009 | 2006 Nissan Altima
Jun 25, 2008 | 1999 Nissan Altima
36 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: