Question about 1987 Volvo 240

1 Answer

Fuel leak under my 1987 240 station wagon on the driver side kind of towards the back

Could it be a hose or what?

Posted by on


1 Answer

Could be a rusted out metal fuel tube or a
hose leak from rot or rust

Posted on Dec 01, 2012

Testimonial: "Yes thats what we were thinking have to jack the car up see better /thanks "

  • 3 more comments 
  • sandra Dec 01, 2012

    Yes thats what we were thinking have to jack up the car get a better look thankyou so much

  • Anonymous Dec 01, 2012

    You may have to remove the gas tank & find all the rust is up there or rusted hoses etc

  • sandra Dec 07, 2012

    yes found the fuel leak

  • sandra Dec 07, 2012

    Now just have to figure out whats wrong with the jeep

  • Anonymous Dec 07, 2012

    Jeep --it says Volvo 240 Wagon?



1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Mazda tribute leaking antifreeze

that would be 1 of your heater core hoses

Dec 04, 2012 | 2005 Mazda Tribute

1 Answer

Where is fuel filter on 2002 nissan primera station wagon?

  • Under the hood, up towards the firewall, right hand side of the engine bay. It looks like a little can.

  • Hope this helps.

Regards, Tony

Oct 17, 2011 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Fuel leakage under driver side from a black rubber hose connecting to what looks like a type of coupling. Just read the tank is under driver side so that helps some just don't know why it is leaking there...

If the hose is leaking, maybe a new coupling or cut the rubber hose and put a new section in.

Is this a high pressure fuel hose? Or, is it a Return Hose, or is it a fuel evaporative hose?

If it's leaking, it should be repaired as soon as possible.

Good luck on this repair.

Nov 03, 2010 | 2003 Kia Sedona

1 Answer

Where would I find the fuel filter on a 97 Mitsubishi legnum station wagon?

i think it is eather under the car on the drivers side or in the engine compartment

Sep 21, 2010 | Mitsubishi Galant Cars & Trucks

2 Answers

Im trying to locate the fuel filter on my ford taurus

it should be near the tank, if you cant find it, maybe you should not replace it, special tools are required.

Sep 21, 2009 | 1995 Ford Taurus

1 Answer

Fuel leaking almost poring from under back left seat, under car

If the location of the wet spot was towards the rear of the car by the fuel full hose and as you said the leak stopped as you use up fuel and lowered the fuel level in the tank than the leak is located in the fill pipe area or tank. Next time you fill go under the car and look for the wet spot.

May 11, 2009 | 2002 Volvo V70

1 Answer

1994 chev s10 . the air condition vents in the mid dash does not work properly. the air is ok but comes out of the heat vent at bottom. after a while, it will start puting out some air in the mid vents but...

check underneath you hood, on the driver's side, there is a little ball lookin thing. there should be a long skinny hose that connects to it. if it is rotted out or has a leak, your vents will not change over because they are vacuum powered. the vents switch by using the vacuum coming from that long skinny hose. check the entire hose because it splits off into many other things and runs from the little ball thing under the hood on the drivers side and runs along the firewall toward the passenger side. mine is starting to rot and i need to change it as well. any kind of little vacuum leak from that hose will either make your vents move slowly or not at all. im not a gm technician, but i did replace the head on my 2.2l 94 s10 with a Chevy tech. he noticed that those particular hoses on my truck were dry rotted and told me what they were and what it did. like i said, the hose will start at the ball looking thing under the driver's side of the hood, run down behind the plastic piece thats on top of the brake booster and run along the firewall towards the passenger side. you can just get new hose from autozone or carquest and cut it to your lengths, as long as its the same size width wise (or thickness). good luck. its really not a big deal, and its a good place to start and see if it helps.

Aug 10, 2008 | 1994 Chevrolet S-10

Not finding what you are looking for?
Cars & Trucks Logo

Related Topics:

101 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Volvo Experts


Level 3 Expert

79847 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22326 Answers

Ronny Bennett Sr.
Ronny Bennett Sr.

Level 3 Expert

6927 Answers

Are you a Volvo Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides