How do you replace the harmonic balancer pulley on the 2000 oldsmobile intrigue
The short answer to your question is:
1. Raise the car on the passenger side and remove the front wheel.
2. Remove the belts on the harmonic balancer.
3. Remove the retaining bolt.
4. With a puller, jack the harmonic balancer off of the crank shaft. You can rent a puller at your local auto parts store. It is easiest to access the harmonic balancer through the fender, hence the need to remove the wheel.
5. You should also consider replacing the seal around the harmonic balancer to minimize the possibility of a leak later.
6. Install the new harmonic balancer and tighten the retaining bolt to the specified torque (I don't know this off the top of my head).
7. Replace the belts and wheel, and voila...mission accomplished.
This was a short answer to your question. You may wish to consult a repair manual for illustrations, torque specifications, additional instructions, etc. This job is not for the faint of heart. Good luck!
Feb 19, 2010 |
2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue