Question about Chevrolet Malibu
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
should be in front of engine lf side, it has a round cap, about 2.5-3 inches around with a hex top, to fit a socket on it, its a cartridge type.
Posted on Oct 17, 2009
Testimonial: "Thanks for your help. I found it in the front of the engine closer to the driver side. Uses a 32 mm socket. "
Hiya...the cabin air filter is located below the front passenger/windshield area.
It's only accessible by standing outside the Equinox with the hood open.
Here's how to do it...(before you pop open the hood)
1) Stand outside at the front-right door area.
2) Just below the front windshield area, pull up a few small black plastic clips that's on the black windshield wiper cowl area- a small flat screwdriver or a special clip-remover tool is handy.
3) Raise the hood up.
4) There may be a triangular-shaped hard foam sound damper at the left side nearby the hood hinge...pull it off if it allow you to work around it with ease.
5) Continue to find a few black plastic clips around the black windshield wiper cowl area.
6) Gently pull up the black windshield wiper cowl cover with care not to bend it too hard during removal.
7) You should see the cabin air filter inside that's held in place by a black rectangular box inside.
8) There's 2 black tabs that holds the cabin air filter in place.
9) Insert your finger or tool to pry the cabin air filter away from the tabs.
10) Remove old cabin air filter.
Remember to reinstall the clip parts back into place when you're finished.
Posted on Apr 05, 2009
There is nothing listed on Fram's web catalog but if you go by any GM dealership, you can either buy it or ask the partsman what the part number is and then use the cross reference guide on the website to get a Fram number, or any other manufacturer. All of them have cross guides. It's unlikely that GM has designed a completely new filter for this vehicle, but it is possible. If so, it will take awhile for the aftermarket to catch up.
Posted on Aug 23, 2010
Testimonial: "Thank you for your help!"
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 20, 2015 | 2012 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV 2.4L...
Jul 24, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
Feb 08, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
Oct 17, 2014 | 2012 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV 2.4L...
Jul 22, 2014 | 2012 Chevrolet Chevrolet Equinox 1LT
Apr 20, 2013 | 2012 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV 2.4L...
Apr 10, 2013 | 2007 Chevrolet Equinox LS
Aug 17, 2010 | 2008 Chevrolet Equinox
205 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!