Question about Dodge Charger
Posted by Anonymous on
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
unlock the door then press the lock button on remote and hold down for 20/30 secs.manual does say hold button.....
Posted on Mar 02, 2010
Insert key into door barrel or ignition lock and turn key, whilst doing this press the unlock/lock button, the led on the dash should flash to indicate this has initialised the key to the car, then remove key and test operation of remote. If this fails then a new remote plus coding to the car by your dealership is needed
Posted on Apr 29, 2010
SOURCE: How to program a used
If this is an used FOB,you will need to take it back to the dealer as the only way to program the fob is with a scan tool. They should do it for free any way as they lost the progra.
Procedure to program NEW FOB :-
Programming The Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) Module
1. Unlock the vehicle and disarm the Vehicle Theft Security System.
2. Insert ignition key into the ignition switch.
3. Turn the ignition switch to RUN position without starting the engine.
4. Using a functional key fob transmitter, press and hold the UNLOCK button for a minimum five seconds (maximum ten seconds).
5. While still holding the UNLOCK button, and before ten seconds passes, press the PANIC button and release both at the same time. A single chime will sound to verify that the RKE module is set to receive the new Vehicle Access Code(s).
6. Within 30 seconds of the chime, press and release the "LOCK" and "UNLOCK" buttons on the transmitter at the same time. Then press and release any one of the buttons. The BCM will sound an abbreviated chime to acknowledge that the programming of the transmitter has been completed and was successful.
7. Repeat step 6 for all transmitters that will be used with this vehicle, up to 4 total.
8. Programming mode will last for 30 seconds. To get out of programming mode sooner, turn the ignition OFF. A single chime will sound to verify that the RKE module will no longer accept additional Vehicle Access Code(s).
9. When Vehicle Access Code(s) programming is complete, turn the ignition switch to the OFF position and verify RKE system operation using each key fob.
Let me know,if needed further assistance.
Kindly accept my solution.
Thanks for using ' Fixya ' and have a nice day!!
Posted on May 11, 2011
SOURCE: replaced batery in key fob
reprogram the remote transmitter. first leave driver door open all other doors closed,key removed from the ignition switch. insert key into the ignition switch,then remove it.press lock and unlock on the vechicle door lock control switch at 1 second intervals 5 times. close and repoen drivers door.press lock and unlock on the vechicle lock control switch at 1 second intervals 5 times. insert key into ignition switch. switch ignition on and off twice to program a remote transmitter code whilst erasing the original codes or three timre to check how many remote transmitters are currently registered.remove key from the ignition switch.system should now lock and unlock.twice to indicate programming mode or one to four times,slowly to indicate number of remote transmitters registered.for the solara press and hold lock and unlock remote buttons together, press lock remote button for a second period of 1 second. system should now lock and unlock vechicle.once to confirm, twice to indicate registration has failed.if required repeat button procedure to program remaining remote transmitters.note to exit programming mode close drivers door or insert ignition key.maximum of 4 remote transmitters can be programmed.if akk failed let dealership reprogram remote transmitters.
Posted on May 18, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 27, 2015 | 2010 Dodge Journey SXT
Aug 13, 2017 | Dodge Grand Caravan Cars & Trucks
Apr 14, 2013 | 2004 Dodge Ram 1500
Jan 27, 2018 | Chevrolet 2500 Cars & Trucks
Oct 04, 2012 | 2008 Dodge Charger
Feb 24, 2012 | 2003 Hyundai Santa Fe
Aug 17, 2011 | 2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
May 23, 2011 | 2005 Nissan Murano
600 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: