Question about 2008 Chevrolet Uplander
Where are the cabin air filters located?
Empty glove box, remove axcess panel and the open the axcess door, two (2) filters inside,
Posted on Jan 11, 2009
SOURCE: cabin filter element location
Filter is located behind the glove box. All you need is a screwdriver to replace.
1. Open the glove box and empty to take the weight off the box.
2. On the right side there is a plastic hinge like device held on by one Phillips head screw. If you have trouble removing with a Phillips screwdriver you can remove with a narrow flat head screwdriver. Remove the screw and slide hinge off the mount.
3. To drop the glove box press the sides slightly inwards while 'forcing' it open beyond it's normal stopping point. Careful as when it releases it will fall wide open and may even fall from its hinged area. Set it aside.
4. Behind the glove box there is probably some fiberous material inserted to prevent noise like squeaking when it rubs. It is sticky on one side to hold it in place. Just remove and place out of the way.
5. Behind the fiberous material there'll be a cover which kinda looks like a grille. Mine was white and it is in the center of the opening. Remove it by releasing the clips at the left or right. It comes right out.
6. When the cover comes off slide the filter out and replace it. The filter lays flat and just slides in and out easily. However, if it has been some time since you replaced be prepared for a lot of debris on top of the filter such as leaves, grass or other general type of debris that has been sucked into the filter. It also may be the source of any bad odors that you smell through the air conditioning system.
7. Reverse the process. Replace the cover and push the glove box lid back into place. When you replace the glove box be careful to make sure the hinge you initiallly removed the screw from is not left behind the glove box or you will have to remove again to get it out. Replace the screw and do not over tighten as it screws into plastic and then your done.
Posted on May 07, 2009
SOURCE: Engine Air Filter
The engine air filter is located in the box behind the battery. This box should have 4 metal clips that pop off and you and pick up the top of the box and underneath is the filter.
Posted on Mar 01, 2009
A 1996 Honda Odyssey is not equipped with a cabin air filter. If I was looking for a restriction in the cabin air, the first place I would look is on the inlet side of the A/C condensor. ALL cabin air travels through the A/C condensor ALL of the time. (The heater core only sees air when the temp door is not directing the air around it and always after it has been through the condensor first.) I have seen gunk as hard as concrete clogging the condensor just from layers of dirt that collects on the wet coils then dries.
Posted on Nov 05, 2009
Testimonial: "Dear dttech, Thanks for the tip on the possible blockage on the inlet side of the AC condensor. Makes alot of sense and I will check there tonight. Is is difficult to access that area and how can I clean it once I get to it. Do I have to completely remove the condensor ? Thanks again for your help."
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 06, 2016 | Ford Explorer Cars & Trucks
May 17, 2016 | Hyundai Cars & Trucks
Oct 06, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Apr 09, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Dec 17, 2012 | 2003 Nissan Pathfinder
Jun 05, 2011 | 2008 Volkswagen Beetle
Nov 23, 2009 | 2008 Jeep Compass
Nov 26, 2008 | 2006 Honda Accord
885 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!