a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hi. If it is a 3 button key blade version it will have a small cross head screw in the back of the main fob. Just undo the screw and the back comes off to reveal the battery. note which way up the battery sits and then slide it out of its carrier. slide in new battery and refit the back. I would have the new battery to hand and swap them straight over as quick as possible to reduce the chance of loosing the remote synchronisation which means you can start the cart but the remote buttons wont work until re syncronised, Jon
The key and car might need re-synchronising after changing the battery or pressing the buttons too many times when out of range.
Put the key in the ignition and turn the key to position 2 and back four times within 6 seconds.
After a beep the car is in programming mode for the next 10 seconds.
Press any button on the remote fob to synchronising.
1. Turn the ignition from OFF to RUN 4 times within 6 seconds. 2. Turn the ignition OFF. The system will chime to confirm programming mode. 3. Within 20 seconds, press any button on first keyless remote. The system will chime once to confirm programming. 4. Within 20 seconds, press any button on second keyless remote. System will chime once to confirm programming. 5. Turn ignition to RUN to exit programming mode.
I have done this procedure for my peugeot 307, but you can give it a try for your Pug expert and let me know if it works.
Disconnect the battery for 5 minutes then after connecting the battery perform the following steps
1. Turn the Ignition switch to the ON position using your key.
2. Press the LOCK button for 10 seconds. It will set your ECU in programming mode.
3. Remove the key and wait for 10 seconds.
4. Press the buttons on the key repetedly for operation (lock und unlock doors) to synchronise the key signals.
5. Again turn the ignition on and start the engine.
6. Turn the ignition OFF
If fails in step 4, then disconnect the battery and reconnect it and wait about 10 minutes to check the remote. Some new ecu units synchronises itselfs if you disconnect the battery while in programiing mode.