Question about Cars & Trucks
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
You might want to suspect a stereo amplifier. Does your car have DSP? In any case, look in the trunk on the left hand side. You will find your radio amplifier back there. It will have about a 3in connector with a bunch of twisted pair wiring. Remove the connector and make sure there is no water contamination. All sound processing takes place in the amp.
Posted on Mar 09, 2009
ABS/ASC module is faulty
CLASSIC ABS FAILURE SYMPTOMS:
- Most of the time, the problem is the ABS module or one of the 4 wheel speed sensors (& sometimes the brake pressure sensor)
- In my 2002 BMW E39 DSC, three orange (warning) cluster display lights lit, ABS, Brake, & DSC
- The 3 warning lights reset when the ignition is turned off, only to repeatedly reappear within minutes of normal driving
- The fault is often intermittent leading you to falsely believe you've resolved the problem (proper diagnosis is important)
- Sometimes the fault only appears when the engine is hot; other times only at speeds over 40 mph
- Carsoft may erroneously show a rear speed sensor failure; but just replacing the speed sensor may make no difference.
- All the work is in correct diagnosis of the problem; parts replacement is trivial (from 1 to six bolts in a few minutes)
- Hence, this BMW E39 ABS 3-warning light DIY will concentrate on understanding and diagnosis of the problem
Posted on Oct 23, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 14, 2017 | BMW Cars & Trucks
Jun 10, 2015 | BMW 528i Cars & Trucks
Jul 29, 2012 | BMW 525i Cars & Trucks
Dec 04, 2009 | 2008 BMW 528i Sedan
Oct 23, 2009 | 2001 BMW 5 Series
Oct 17, 2009 | 2001 BMW 5 Series
Sep 26, 2009 | 1997 BMW 318
Jun 05, 2009 | 1999 BMW 5 Series
Oct 20, 2017 | Cars & Trucks
89 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!