Question about 2007 BMW X3 3.0si SAV
Planning on replacing my own battery with BMW battery...how can I reprogram the car myself after I install the battery...BMW dealer wants $650 for new battery, diagnostics and reprogramming ...parts dept at the same dealer will sell me the battery for $250
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Hello. Definitely use a trickle charger to keep your battery charged throughout the winter.
And in no particular order consider the following:
1. Oil and filter change
2. Full fuel tank - actually necessary.
3. Car up on jack stands
4. Car washed and waxed, perhaps covered
5. Intake and exhaust covered with strong mesh screen to prevent rodent infestation (optional, depending on where the car will be stored; mandatory if stored outside)
6. Clean interior and remove anything that could decay (and stink!)
7. install trickle charger to keep car's battery and electronix fully powered
8. Deflate tires to 15 lbs pressure
9. Roll all windows down 1/2 inch to allow for ventilation (optional if storing outside and/or covering car)
Monthly: Start engine and allow to fast idle (1000-2000 rpm) for several minutes. Engage AC to circulate refrigerant oil and keep seals fresh
PS Please rate my answer. Thank you.
Posted on Dec 16, 2009
SOURCE: When changing the battery on
Loosen the battery anchoring. Start the car before disconnecting the battery, Remove Negative first, then the positive. Be very careful and insulate the positive terminal once it is removed so it doesn't come in contact with ground or the negative terminal! Replace the battery, reconnect the terminals (positive first) and then re-anchor the battery to the car. If you follow these instructions, you will not need to re-program your car.
Posted on Nov 24, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 01, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Sep 05, 2013 | 2007 BMW 650i Convertible
Jun 23, 2013 | BMW Cars & Trucks
Jun 11, 2011 | 2006 BMW 5 Series
Aug 03, 2010 | 2007 Hyundai Entourage Limited Minivan
May 16, 2010 | 2007 BMW 335i Coupe
Sep 07, 2009 | 1999 BMW 318 ti
Dec 19, 2008 | 2004 BMW 6 Series
368 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!