Question about Cars & Trucks
Just not been long since i got it serviced but the service spanner on clock
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: engine service warning lights
You will need "VAG diagnostic software" - (google it) on a laptop and a £15 VAGCOM interface cable if you want to do it yourself.
Posted on Jul 10, 2008
SOURCE: vw golf petrol 2.0 2001
There's one more thing you can try. On a Mk4 VW, you can reset the service indicator by doing the following:
- With the ignition off, press and hold the tripmeter reset button (on the right side of the dash)
- Turn on your ignition, wait for all the warning lights to come on, then let go of the tripmeter button
- Where your trip distance is normally shown, the display will read "OIL".
- To reset the service interval, turn the clock adjust switch (left side) for about 5 seconds. The trip meter display will change to "---" indicating the code has been reset.
You can verify this by turning the car off and on again. Let me know if that worked out for you.
Posted on Aug 15, 2008
To reset the message displays, turn the ignition switch on. Press and hold the odometer reset button "A" located below the speedometer.
Turn off the ignition while holding the button.
"OEL" will display on the indicator.
Press and hold the lower digital clock reset button "B" until five dashes appear in the display.
If needed, press the odometer reset button until "IN 01" appears and then press the clock reset button until five dashes appear.
If needed, press the odometer reset button until "IN 02" is displayed and then press the clock reset button until five dashes appear.
To exit reset mode, turn the ignition switch on and when "IN 01" appears, turn the ignition switch off.
1. Switch ignition ON.
2. Press and hold odometer reset button below speedometer.
3. Switch ignition OFF and release odometer reset button. OEL will now
4. Press and hold the lower digital clock set button or the analog clock set
button until five dashes (-----) appear in display.
5. If necessary, pree odometer reset button to proceed to the IN 01 display
(15,000 mile maintenence) and reset using the clock button.
6. If necessary, repeat procedure to reset IN 02 (30,000 mile maintenence)
7. To end reset mode: switch ignition ON; when display IN 01 appears, switch ignition OFF.
Thanks for using FixYa - a FixYa rating is appreciated for taking the time to answer your FREE question.
Posted on Mar 19, 2009
on the dash indicators you have 2 butons. one from mileage counter, and one in left for seting time.
To reset the servie interval switch the ignition off, press the button from milleage counter and keep it pressed while you turn to right the left button from time setting, while is displayed on the diplay:"service - - -"
This is all
Posted on Apr 13, 2010
SOURCE: 2004 vw polo 1.9 sdi twist.
sounds like the service reminder was not reset during the service.
switch off the ignition. press and hold the button on the dash. switch on the ignition. release the button. now twist the button clockwise . the spanner disappears. switch off ignition.
Posted on Jul 27, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 18, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
Jul 16, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Aug 10, 2013 | Volkswagen Golf Cars & Trucks
Jul 20, 2010 | Volkswagen New Jetta Cars & Trucks
Mar 25, 2010 | 2000 Volkswagen Golf
Aug 29, 2009 | 2006 Volkswagen Golf
44 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!