Question about 2005 Nissan Armada
(Airbag/ seatbelt) warning light was fixed once before by the dealer by replacing the seatbelt wiring as I was told but is going on and off again.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
you did'nt state year, make, model. If you are talking about the seat belt light, check your seat belt(the one with the push/release button. check this top to bottom for a broken wire. ckeck under the seat the harness may be damaged as well. If it is the air-bag light bring it to your mechanic. air-bag circuits should be touched without the right knowledge and tools.
Posted on Apr 24, 2009
5. If “AIR BAG” warning lamp operates as [as I said before], turn ignition switch “OFF” to reset from Diagnosis mode
1. Turn ignition switch “ON”.
2. After “AIR BAG” warning lamp lights for 7 seconds, [i.e. when it stops running solid and starts flashing] turn ignition switch “OFF” within 1 second. [DO NOT SWITCH IT TO LOCK, SWITCH IT TO ACC]
3. Wait more than 3 seconds.
4. Repeat steps 1 to 3 two times. (Perform 3 times in total.)
5. Turn ignition switch “ON”.
SRS is now in Diagnosis mode.
Try it a few times. If you can't get it to work, have someone else try. If you STILL can't get it to work, check your battery voltage. It might be low.
In diagnosis mode, you're going to hope the light flashes slowly. 2 seconds off, 3 seconds on, and repeats. If your light does this, this means that the computer detected a previous error that hasn't been erased. This is good.
to User mode and to erase the memory of the malfunction.
6. Turn ignition switch “ON”. “AIR BAG” warning lamp operates in
User mode. [it should stay on for 7 seconds, then go off, like normal.]
Posted on May 17, 2009
if you have the airbag light, it will show steady for a few seconds(the manual says 7 secs) after you turn the key from off to on(but not start) and then starts to flash. heres how you reset it, that is if there isn't any under layin problems in the system.
1. turn the key from OFF to ON
2.watch the aifr bag light closely. it will stay on for a few secs, and then as soon as it blinks off(the start of the flashing), turn the key off instantly.
3. count to 5 (1 mississippi, 2 mississippi.. ect..)
4. repeat steps 1-3 two more times until you have done the cycle 3 tinmes
5. now turn the key on and watch the light. it will start blinking in a different, slower manner. this is diagnostic mode. you can watch it for alittle while, no hurry.
6. now turn the key off again, count to 5 like in step 3 again, and turn it back on. if the procedure worked, the airbag light will not be flashing.
if it doesn't work the first time, just repeat the steps again. if it doesn't work after the second try, there is more than likely something work with the srs system and needs to be serviced by the dealer.
this seams to be a standard airbag reset for all newer nissian vehicles
Posted on Aug 14, 2009
It sounds like the air bag relay switch is going bad have it tested at either autozone or the partd store that is in your area.
Posted on Sep 16, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 25, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
Oct 31, 2012 | 2005 BMW 1 Series
Feb 12, 2011 | 2005 Nissan Armada
Sep 26, 2010 | 2005 Nissan Armada
Feb 22, 2010 | 2005 Nissan Armada
Apr 09, 2009 | 1997 Nissan Maxima
Mar 29, 2009 | 2006 Volkswagen Jetta
Jul 17, 2008 | Chrysler Town & Country Cars & Trucks
198 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!