Question about 2001 Buick LeSabre
My LeSabre also has trim moulding on the bottom of the car. do I need to remove the trim to remove the left front fender?
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
i had used three bolts they have to be 6mm thik and like about 6 inches long then you install some flat washers by the head and use a regular crank pulley remover, you'll see three little holes inside the groevs at front side of pulley and there is where you install the bolts
Posted on Oct 19, 2008
The heater core is located under the dash, in the center. The container holding the core looks like a black plastic box. Remove the ash tray for easier access. You may have to also remove some other covers under the dash. You must first drain the radiator then you have to disconnect the hoses. There are two hoses connected to nipples of the heater core that go thru the center of the firewall. Remove the screws that hold on the cover to the heater core. Then you should be able to get the old one out. There might be a couple of other minor steps but I'm sure you can figure them out. For re-installation just go in reverse order to put it all back together.
Posted on May 25, 2009
I have a 1995 and 1999 LeSabre and the radio removal is the same on both.
1. Carefully remove the AC vents from the dash.
2. In each of the AC openings are screws that hold the top of the dash trim in place.
3. Starting from the passenger door gently pry off the "wood" trim piece, It is held in place with metal clips and velcro.
4. Do the same as 3 from the driver side (short piece).
5. Remove the remaing screws from the bottem of the dash.
6. Move the Shift knob (requires key) all the way down.
7. Starting at each end of the dash slowly pry/pull each clip along the top of the dash from its mounting hole. Be careful not to crack the silver trim piece on the top of the dash (especially on top of the passenger airbag).
8. When the dash is free tilt the top in towards the car and wiggle it loose around the bottom (over the steering column) and the whole piece should come free.
This gives access to the radio, heater controls, speedo etc.
For the radio - three screws - antenna cable pop out. The harness needs a little more work. If your radio has a security feature (blinking light when car is off) make sure you know the security unlock code. Test the code before pulling the power to the radio.
Turn the radio over and carefully unlock the blue clip at the bottom of the plug. Then work the harness loose.
This sounds much worse than it is - it should take 15-30 minutes depending if you have all the tools close by. BTW those AC vents have a top and bottom - the larger hole goes on the bottom and they snap back in place.
Posted on Jul 25, 2009
the bolts you are looking to remove are located on the top of the light housing. It only takes 2 of them to remove the housing. One is about 6 to 8 inches long, and the other one is much shorter than that. Just unscrew and remove them, and pull the housing straight out.
Posted on Aug 31, 2009
Testimonial: "Thanks a bunch!"
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 21, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Jun 18, 2015 | 2001 Buick LeSabre Limited
Mar 25, 2015 | 2007 Mercury Mountaineer
Sep 17, 2014 | 2000 Ford F150 Flareside SuperCab
Jul 20, 2014 | 1998 Buick LeSabre
Jul 18, 2014 | 1997 Buick LeSabre
Jul 15, 2011 | 2001 Buick LeSabre
Mar 07, 2011 | 1998 Ford Windstar
Sep 19, 2010 | 2000 Buick LeSabre
Mar 01, 2009 | 2001 Buick LeSabre
91 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: