Question about 2003 Kia Spectra
How do you replace a thermostat on a 2003 Kia Spectra
Hello, my name is Mario.
1. Disconnect battery negative cable.
2. Drain engine coolant
3. Remove bolt and nut for thermostat housing
4. Remove the old thermostat
5. Put a new thermostat and gasket (Install thermostat into cylinder head with jiggle pin positioned up.)
6. Place thermostat housing
7. Fill radiator with engine coolant
8. Connect battery negative cable
9. Start engine and check for leaks.
Posted on Jan 10, 2009
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 27, 2013 | 2003 Kia Spectra
Oct 10, 2011 | 2003 Kia Spectra
Jan 10, 2011 | 2003 Kia Spectra
May 06, 2010 | 2003 Kia Spectra
Feb 06, 2010 | 2003 Kia Spectra
Dec 28, 2009 | 2003 Kia Spectra
Sep 16, 2009 | 2005 Kia Spectra
Jun 14, 2009 | 2003 Kia Spectra
1,921 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!