Question about 1995 Mitsubishi Montero
I have 2 problems , which are related. During cold start-up , the idling is sometimes very low (400 - 600 Rpm) is engine cutt out when aircon is on and/or engine is place dunder stress from the power steering pump during turning operations. The other side of the problem is much to high start-up idling (1500 - 200 Rpm) which presents a problem to the Automatic Gearbox during first shift into drive and reverse. The engine management system and/or the service computer is not reporting any errors. Any ideas.
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 19, 2014 | 1997 Suzuki Baleno
The engine control module (ECM) learns the idle position of the throttle plate to ensure the correct idle. Anytime the throttle body is cleaned or replaced, the ECM must learn the new throttle position. The idle may be unstable or a DTC may set if the throttle position is not learned.
Conditions for Running the Throttle Learn Procedure
• DTCs P0101, P0102, P0103, P0107, P0108, P0111, P0112, P0113, P0506, and P0507 are not set.
• The engine speed is between 450-4,000 RPM.
• The manifold absolute pressure (MAP) is greater than 5 kPa.
• The mass air flow (MAF) is greater than 2 g/s.
• The ignition 1 voltage is greater than 10 volts.
Important: Do NOT perform this procedure if DTCs are set. Refer to Diagnostic Trouble Code
(DTC) List - Vehicle.
1. Start and idle the engine in PARK for 3 minutes.
2. With a scan tool, monitor desired and actual RPM.
3. The ECM will start to learn the new idle cells and Desired RPM should start to decrease.
4. Ignition OFF for 60 seconds.
5. Start and idle the engine in PARK for 3 minutes.
6. After the 3 minute run time the engine should be idling normal.
Important: During the drive cycle the check engine light may come on with idle speed DTCs. If idle speed codes are set, clear codes so the ECM can continue to learn.
* If the engine idle speed has not been learned the vehicle will need to be driven at
speeds above 70 km/h (44 mph) with several decelerations and extended idles.
7. After the drive cycle, the engine should be idling normally.
* If the engine idle speed has not been learned, turn OFF the ignition for 60 seconds
and repeat step 6.
8. Once the engine speed has returned to normal, clear DTCs.
Mar 04, 2014 | 1995 GMC Sierra
Oct 18, 2010 | Nissan Sentra Cars & Trucks
Dec 10, 2009 | 1995 Chevrolet K1500
Aug 20, 2009 | Toyota Corolla Cars & Trucks
Mar 29, 2009 | 2001 Oldsmobile Alero
Jan 06, 2009 | 1999 Isuzu Trooper
Aug 26, 2008 | 1994 Honda Civic
324 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!