a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Engine Noise. With a bad oil pump sufficient engine oil will not get to all parts of the engine, especially the top end, and you will get engine noise with metal parts that would normally be lubricated and quiet knocking due to metal to metal contact. Engines with hydraulic lifters that become noisy can be a sign that they have insufficient oil supply. In addition to the hydraulic lifters, your valve train may begin to make noise if your oil pump begins to fail. Valve train components need to be properly lubricated as well. A bad oil pump can result in a lot of additional noise from your valve train system.
2. Higher engine temperature. Poor lubrication because of poor oil flow generated from the pump will cause friction in the engine and the engine temperature will rise. Good oil flow is essential for lubrication and reducing friction to a minimum.
3. Low oil pressure. The oil pump generates oil flow through the engine but tolerances between metal parts produce the oil pressure. Very worn engine bearings will result in low oil pressure. Thus a worn engine will have low oil pressure even though the oil pump may be fine and there is no issue with the oil pressure relief valve either. However you will also experience low oil pressure due to a failing oil pump because poor oil flow will also result in lower oil pressure.
If your oil pressure warning light has been triggered in your engine, the causes of the low pressure need to be properly investigated because the problem may not be with the oil pump. People replace oil pumps assuming that is always the problem and then still have low oil pressure because the pump was not the problem to begin with.
A few reasons , low on oil , faulty oil pump relief valve , faulty sender unit. Remove the oil sender unit fit a gauge, start engine and check oil pressure if ok replace sender unit . If still low check oil pump pick up strainer and relief valve spring.
first thing check is the engine oil level.if oil level okay check oil pressure should be for the 4.2 engine oil pressure should be 12 psi @ 1200 rpm for the 5.3 oil pressure should be 18 psi @ 2000 rpm if oil pressure good problem in the oil pressure sending unit. if oil pressure is low problem faulty oil pump or worn crankshaft bearings if oil pressure low engine will have rod knock.make sure you are using correct oil viscosity if oil too thick you will have low oil pressure oil too thin you will loose oil pressure.
Oil pressure should be around 30 at idle and then sit at 60 when engine is above 2,000 RPM. If pressure varies at all engine speeds it indicates a sticking pressure relief valve which is located within the oil pump. You could try using some oil flushing product in the engine oil before the next oil change to see if it removes the gunk that is causing the valve to stick. If that does not improve it you should see a mechanic about replacing the relief valve.
filter problem could be there filters that have a valve used to chek
the oil gallery is not downloaded and so when the engine begins to work
up the pressure quickly. Also in other systems, this valve is fitted in the pump aceite.thanks good luck
the oil pressure switch is on pssenger side, lower engine area,beside oil filter, mounted in engine block. The pressure relief valve is in the oil pump, in which case, you have to drop the oil pan,and take off the oil pump.