The door locks will just lock and unlock without anyone pressing the remote. I tried to lock the car manually and this worked but again the locks opened the door and than I could hear the mechanism inside the door panel working constantly and I could not interrupt the problem manually? Any suggestions?
Re: 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse door locks Malfunctioning
Switch is going bad or loose. look under door pad unplug and replug. If it stops and returns to normal it was loose.. If it doesn't either replace switch (maybe expensive) or just unplug and do manually from now on.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
it is not the actuators, try a different remote, you may have an issue with the car security system/body computer not functioning on the unlock driver door command, one press of remote is unlock driver door and 2 presses is unlock the other doors.
Operation of the theft deterrent system is discussed in the 1999 Toyota Camry Owner's Manual beginningh on page 21. Unlocking the door with the key should disarm the alarm system. If it does not disarm when using the key, there are only two possibilities:
> You have an aftermarket alarm system installed in addition to the system tht was provided by the manufacturer and they are interfering with each other.
> Your vehicle needs service to correct the malfunction.
You might try unlocking the car from the passenger side or use the key to open the trunk first to see if this works. If it does, the switch inside the driver door is probably malfunctioning.
Here are the instructions for programming the 99-02 4Runner Keyless Entry factory remotes:
1. Start with the following conditions: you are in the vehicle
a. Key is out of the ignition b. Drive door is open ( all other doors are closed) c. Driver door is unlocked (other door locks don't matter)
2. Insert the key into the ignition (don't turn it) and pull it out.
3. Perform these steps within 40 seconds:
a. Cycle the power locks 5 times. Use an even pace and try to go relatively fast.
b. Close, then open the drivers door.
4. Perform these steps within 40 seconds:
a. Cycle the power locks 5 times (same as before). b. Turn the ignition to ON then back to OFF. c. Turn the ignition to ON then back to OFF. d. Remove the key from the ignition.
5. Within 3 seconds, the power door locks should cycle (automatically) indicating successful entry into programming mode. Return to step 1 if the locks do not cycle at this point.
6. Perform these steps within 40 seconds:
a. Press the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the transmitter simultaneously for 1 second.
b. Immediately after letting go of the lock and unlock buttons, press the lock button by itself and hold for 2 seconds. Within 3 seconds, the door locks should cycle ( LOCK then UNLOCK) once-- indicating successful programming. If the door locks don't cycle, or cycle twice. Repeat steps 6a and 6b--this remote has not been accepted.
c. Repeat steps 6a and 6b for EACH transmitter that will operate the vehicle. Including any old transmitters.
1. Driver's door OPEN and unlocked, all other doors closed and locked.
2. Insert YOUR key in ignition, DO NOT TURN, remove key.
3. Using the MANUAL lock/unlock button ON THE DRIVERS DOOR, slowly press lock and unlock 5 times (count the lock 5 times and unlock 5 times).
4. Shut door.
5. Open door.
6. Using the lock/unlock button ON THE DRIVERS DOOR, slowly press lock and unlock 5 times (count the lock 5 times and unlock 5 times).
7. With the door open insert your key into the ignition, turn to on position (DON'T START), wait 5 seconds. Turn off and remove key.
8. Locks should cycle once (Car will lock and then unlock once). If they don't cycle or they cycle more than once, do steps 1-7 over.
9. Now using the remote, push lock button, hold for one second,
release. The locks should cycle once. If not, start over and go slower.
10. Close the door. Open the door. Press the lock button on the remote. The locks should cycle. Close the door. Press the lock button on the remote, the doors should lock. Press again and the doors should unlock.
1. Locate the Data Port under drivers side dashboard usually located to the right of steering column. 2. Insert keys in ignition and leave in the OFF position. 3. Make sure there are metal contact pins in terminals 1 and 4 and connect the Data Port terminals 1 and 4 with a suitable jumper wire, leave the jumper wire connected throughout the programming procedure. Make sure you know which terminals are 1 and 4. 4. Within 10 seconds after connecting the jumper wire, press the Hazard Switch 6 times. Note: The doors will automatically lock and unlock once at this time indicating that the system is in the programming mode. 5. Press the LOCK button on the remote to be registered three times within 10 seconds. Upon successful programming, the door will lock and unlock once. 6. Repeat step 5 with up to 4 remotes (including any existing remotes) within one minute. After completing each programming, the doors will lock and unlock once. 7. Disconnect the programming wire and remove the keys from the ignition.
I have a 2003 sierra and my remote starter would not work, it would lock and unlock only, checked out this site found the solution, tried it and in two seconds i solved the problem, Just press the lock button and the start button and viola it works again, thanks for all your help , GGGreat site glad i found it John