You might have something left on inside your car (map lights, vanity mirror lights .... the car has a module that will shut off the power to all the assy options if it senses a drain on the battery for 20 mins after the car is shut off . the module will then wake up again when the door lock is turned or ignition is turned.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
All BNW's have remote key openers built into key, so what doesn't work, the manual lock, or the remote key, or both. When you say you don't have keyless entry, on a BMW the remote is the key.
Try it with a new remote pad, turn the key back and forth untill the locks jump up and down.. do it slowly , when they jump make sure to leave the key in the on position while pressing both lock and unlock buttons on the remote, they should then jump again telling you that the remote is now programed.
To program ( or reprogram ) a keyless entry remote transmitter into the remote keyless entry module, perform the following steps:
1. Turn the key to ON or ACC and short the two terminals of the program connector, a two-pin connector located below the driver's side of the instrument panel at the base of the steering column. All doors should lock and then unlock. 2. Press any button on each keyless entry remote transmitter in turn. All doors should lock and then unlock. If the door locks do not respond, press the button again (up to three times maximum with the same keyless entry remote transmitter). If the door locks still fail to respond, go to Pinpoint Test A. 3. Repeat Step 2 to program additional keyless entry remote transmitters into the remote keyless entry module (up to four keyless entry remote transmitters maximum). 4. Turn key off. 5. Remove the short from the program connector. All doors should lock and then unlock. 6. Verify that the keyless entry remote transmitters have been successfully programmed by pressing the LOCK or UNLOCK button on each one, and observing that the system responds by locking and/or unlocking the doors.
1. Insert key into ignition and turn to
2. Remove key and hold down lock button
while pushing unlock button five times.
3. Release all buttons, then push either lock or
!!!!!!!!!!!!!Procedure must be completed within10
To Program a new remote you must get in your vehicle, close all doors hold your unlock button down.while holding the button down turn your key on and off two times.at that time your locks will all cycle.Then with your keyless remote hold your lock and unlock buttons till the locks cycle .