Question about 1996 Oldsmobile Silhouette
On the back of the radio there is a code if not there should be somethen in the owners book
Posted on Jan 07, 2009
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 20, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
1. Turn the ignition ON (The radio should display "LOC")
2. Hold down the Radio Presets 2 and 3 buttons for six seconds
radio display changes from LOC to a three-digit number. Write this
number down. You now have fifteen seconds to complete the next step.
4. Press the AM/FM button
5. The radio display changes to another three-digit number. Write this number to the right of the first one.
6. You now have a six-digit number, the first three digits are from STEP 03 and the last three digits are form STEP 05
7. Call 1-800-537-5140
8. Press 1 then # (pound). You'll hear "Invalid Code, try again"
9. Press 139010 or 106010 or 206010 or 202107 then # (pound). You will be asked to enter your four or six digit code followed by *
10. Enter the number from STEP 6 then *
11. Listen to the four-digit number and write it down. It will be repeated twice
12. Turn the ignition ON (The radio displays LOC)
13. Use the MN and HR buttons to enter the code from STEP 11
14. Press the AM/FM button. The radio display changes to "SEC". Your radio is now "un-locked" and usable.
Mar 27, 2011 | 2000 Chevrolet Corvette
Jul 21, 2010 | 1996 GMC Jimmy
Oct 25, 2009 | 1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme
Oct 15, 2009 | 1999 Buick LeSabre
Aug 21, 2009 | Volkswagen Touareg Cars & Trucks
Jun 03, 2009 | 1993 Chevrolet Astro
Apr 10, 2009 | 2001 Buick LeSabre
91 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!