Question about 1999 Dodge Dakota
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
- Does it happen when standing if you raise the RPMs up to 2-3,000? If yes, listen closely to the alternator.
- Is it related to road speed? If so, then you should put it on a chassis lift, wheels free, then cause it to happen by putting it in gear and raising RPMs to road speed.
I suspect it isn't the acceleration that causes the pitch to change but rather engine RPMs.
You could check this while on the road by starting in a lower gear and noting when the whine is very noticeable, then slip into the next higher gear to see if the whine changes or remains the same. If it remains, it probably isn't related to the engine but to some rotating part(s) outside it (for example, wheel bearings.) If it changes, then the noise is coming from some engine component and alternators can do this when the amperage load is high; it's also a part that turns at a fairly high speed and will 'whine' rather than 'growl.'
Posted on Jan 14, 2009
SOURCE: 94 dodge neon auto tranny
Here is some possible reasons why your transmission is having those problems .
* The gear shift linkage is binding
* There is an internal problem in the transmission
* The throttle cable is broken or disconnected
* The vacuum modulator on the transmission is faulty or the vacuum line is damaged
* The electronic transmission control circuit may be faulty
Posted on Feb 26, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 19, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Nov 30, 2013 | 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Nov 07, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Nov 13, 2012 | Ford Cars & Trucks
May 16, 2012 | Plymouth Voyager Cars & Trucks
Jul 21, 2010 | 1996 Dodge Dakota
Jun 02, 2009 | 1999 Chevrolet Tracker
May 30, 2009 | 1999 Mercury Grand Marquis
Nov 13, 2017 | 1984 GMC Suburban
111 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: