Question about 1998 Ford Windstar

1 Answer

Where is the vacum supply line located on the intake manifold

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Ford Master
  • 14,405 Answers

Hi Pamela,here's a couple of vacuum diagrams to your 98 Ford Windstar,click on link to see,if this doesn't help,let me know.

Posted on Nov 06, 2012


3 Suggested Answers

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

  • 91 Answers

SOURCE: intake manifold vacume hoses

Be Sure your plans are designed for the right engine- 3.0 / 4.0 or even the smaller 4 cyls. The intake hose routing is different between engines. Make sure you do not have any EVAP system problems, this will cause your water for fuel generator to run problematic, meaning your engine may not be receiving the proper fuel/return pressure it needs causing an overtemp situation on your heads. good luck

Posted on Aug 01, 2008

66 chrgr
  • 1011 Answers


they are on the back side of the motor just above the transmission .take off the dog house and you will see the unit.

Posted on Jan 25, 2009

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

2 Answers

Where is the cooling sensor on 2001 dodge caravan

If you are referring to the sensor that would control the radiator cooling fan, it should be located in the bottom of the radiator. If you are referring to the temperature gauge, it should be mounted somewhere on the intake manifold. There are other sensors that control other devices, usually called Thermol Ported Vacum Switches which control part of the Heating and A/C systems are also found on the intake manifold and usually have only vacum lines attached. This information applies to most all engines, regardless of manufacturer or age.
Hope this helps.

May 17, 2014 | 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan

1 Answer

3.1 v6 vacum modulator

Located on tranny, or intake manifold. Round small cylinder with vacuum line attacher. Go to and use their component locator and how to test.

Jan 18, 2013 | 2001 Chevrolet Malibu

1 Answer

Ac doesn't blow in front vents but works everywhere else how can I fix

vacum line off or cracked from intake manifold to vacum controller under dash. to test under dash buy cheap vacum test from parts store conect tovacume port underdash pump up and with ac running you will gain control of vents. take your time and researh location of vacum line. good luck

Aug 12, 2012 | 2003 Lincoln Navigator

1 Answer

What is the best way to diagoise heater control problems

The best way is to trace that vacum line and see where it leads. If it has come off the intake manifold area then it will need to be refitted as it is a main vacum supply hose to other components.

Mar 21, 2012 | 1997 Mercury Mountaineer

1 Answer

I could here what seemed to be a vacum leek and it turned out to be the line that vents the crank case. It is located behind the back of the manifold, and it seems to be a plasitic barb. any thoughts on...

If you mean one of the plastic "nipples" that are part of the plastic intake manifold, you can buy a repair kit at your local dealer that is a new metal fitting that will thread into the plastic intake manifold.

Feb 05, 2011 | 2000 Dodge Durango

1 Answer

On a 2004 trailblazer,where is the map sensor located? i checked it at local auto zone store,they said it was map sensor.

map sensors or manifold air pressure sensors are mounted either on the intake manifold or the throttle body. in some cases they are monted on the firewall with a vacume line running to them from the manifold. they have a three wire connector plugged into them.

Feb 16, 2010 | 2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer

1 Answer

Trying to find out the name of the hoses coming out from under the intake manifold to the air filter on my 1990 infiniti q45

It is a intake manifold vacum hose it supplies additional air to your engine for cooling purposes.

Sep 29, 2009 | 1997 Infiniti.5 Q45

3 Answers

No air from vents

you have a vacume leal to the heating a/c system it has gone to defalt by blowing the defroster check the vacume lines coming of the passenger sid of the intake manifold ther will be a few hoses the one you are looking for is the one going into the firewall and will have a one way vacune ckeck valve in it if it in in backwards it will not alow any vacume to go to the system and it will not operate. ck to make sure that you have vac from the manifold to the line into the fire wall and if you do then the problem in under the dash and can be alittle more troble than you want to under the hood first as the lines tend to crack with heat and age.

Jun 24, 2009 | 1999 Dodge Durango

2 Answers

Vacuum gauge installation

look for a vacume tree at rear of intake manifold and y in.You want manifold vacume not venture vacume so stay away from throttle body.

Nov 24, 2008 | 1999 Chevrolet Suburban

Not finding what you are looking for?
1998 Ford Windstar Logo

154 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Ford Experts


Level 3 Expert

78267 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22326 Answers


Level 3 Expert

5655 Answers

Are you a Ford Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides