Question about Cars & Trucks
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Seat Alhamba will not start.
I don't know if re-programming is the answer but any Seat/VW main dealer can do this for you. Trouble is they will change you for a few minutes work!! However, if your key is the sort that i have for my Alhambra (chunky one) then if you follow these instructions then it should work.
How to reprogram the C/L remote control key fob
1. Take the valet key, put it into the ignition and turn the key to the "on" position, just prior to starting the car.
2. Roll down the driver's side window (not required, but a good idea in case there's a problem).
3. Exit the car and close the door.
4. With a second key, physically lock the doors (don't use a remote).
5. Take the first remote to be programmed, press one of the buttons and the lights will flash once. Wait 10 seconds and press the unlock button. The doors should unlock. That first transmitter is now programmed.
6. Lock the door again (physically) with the key, (not the remote).
7. Press one of the buttons twice, the lights will flash twice. Wait 10 seconds and press the unlock button. The doors should unlock. The second transmitter is now programmed.
For a third transmitter press the button 3 times and for a fourth press 4 times.
"Make sure that to test the newly program remotes, the original key is removed from the ignition. Someone might be a bit frustrated trying to test it with it still in 'program' mode."
Hope it works for you!
All the best, RobboArsenal
Posted on Mar 18, 2009
could be turbo ,but the problem is its a common rail fuel injection system and this throws up another problem and that is its VW which from 2005 uses encrypted software so it is difficult to find the fault .change the fuel filter and see what happens if problem persists then its either a bosch diesel specialist or the dealer .sorry for no qiuck fix
Posted on Mar 28, 2010
The thermostat is located in the thermostat housing which is on the intake manifold under the throttle body (drivers side) to replace it, your going to have to remove the heat shield to the exhaust crossover and you can remove the two bolts that hold the thermostat in place with the right extension and swivel.
Note you only have to remove one bolt and looses the other one, the housing has a slot cutout to slide it out. Good luck and be safe.
Thank you for suing fixya and here are two links to the type of engine used in your Lumina.
Posted on Jun 02, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 12, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Jun 16, 2016 | 2006 Seat Alhambra 1.9
Jul 21, 2014 | 2005 Seat Alhambra 1.9
Jul 06, 2014 | 2005 Seat Alhambra 1.8
Nov 11, 2013 | 2005 Seat Alhambra 2.0
Oct 16, 2013 | 1997 Ford Probe
Sep 19, 2012 | 2005 Seat Alhambra 1.9
Mar 28, 2010 | 1997 Ford Probe
158 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!