Question about Cars & Trucks
Posted by Anonymous on
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
The anti-pinch has to be 'reset', unfortunatly the motor has to be remover and reset. If you replaced the glass yourself... then go back and remove the glass from the regulator, unbolt & remove the regulator from the door (10mm bolts). remove the motor from the regulator. plug power into motor and rotate the drive gear 'UP' 6-10 turns. motor should be reset. reinstall motor, regulator and window. check operation before installing door panel.
Posted on Jan 05, 2009
sounds like a missing tooth or stripped gear on the motor or moon gear on the regulator, the door will have to be taken apart and the regulator or motor replaced. If you can grab the top of the glass with your fingers GENTLY pull up while pressing the switch. it may catch another tooth and go up. (**Do not use pliers or any other tool to grab the glass**)
Hope this helps
Posted on Mar 09, 2009
1. Start the car and leave it idle.
2. Hold the window button down all the way, until the window is completely down.
3. Let go and push it down again and hold the window button for 2 to 3 seconds then let go. (You should be able to hear or feel (very faintly) the motor/sensor reset.)
4. Pull up on the window button and roll the window up until it is all the way up, when it is up let go.
5. Pull the button up again for 2 to 3 seconds. (You should be able to hear or feel (very faintly) the motor/sensor reset.)
Posted on Nov 04, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 02, 2017 | Cars & Trucks
Jan 31, 2015 | 2004 Volvo XC90 2.5
Dec 25, 2017 | 2000 Volvo V70
Dec 13, 2010 | Saturn SC2 Cars & Trucks
Apr 25, 2010 | Volvo V40 Cars & Trucks
Oct 13, 2009 | 2000 Lexus RX 300
Jun 25, 2009 | 1999 Volvo V70
Mar 09, 2009 | 1984 Volvo 240 Series
Oct 31, 2008 | 2004 Toyota Highlander
Jun 19, 2018 | Cars & Trucks
26 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: