Question about 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I have a 95 Jeep grand cherokee laredo. When you try to close the door it just bounces off the vehicle and sounds like the door is hitting the frame of the car
Open the door , look at the latch on the door , as it get older and non lubricated , the latch can stick in the locked position , i,m going to draw a picture .
when the door is open it should look like the picture , i suggest your door is in the closed position and why it bounces off as you say , take a , lets say a screw driver stick it in where the little lever thats sticking up , push the door open button on the outside door handle , pry that lever forward , if successful try it , and lubricate it , hope my barbaric picture gets the point across .
Posted on Jan 05, 2009
1. That the striker plate/bar is in alignment with the door latch slot.
2. That the striker plate/bar attaching screws are secure.
3. That the door hinges are secure and in the proper position.
4. That the latch is actually "open" in the door open mode.
1. Adjust striker plate/bar alignment by loosening attaching screws and moving plate/ bar to proper position.
2. Align striker plate/bar and secure screws.
3. Try lifting door as you close it and see if that will align the latch slot and the striker plate/bar.
4. Door latch may need "resetting" to the open position manually, and quite possibly need to be replaced.
I hope this helps and is not dumb, it's what I'd check!
Posted on Jan 05, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 30, 2016 | 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
Jan 18, 2015 | 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Oct 28, 2013 | 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Nov 20, 2012 | 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Nov 25, 2011 | 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Nov 25, 2011 | 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee
May 03, 2010 | 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
May 30, 2009 | 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Apr 15, 2009 | 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1,369 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!