Question about 2002 Ford Focus
I cant get the engine to idle properly
Http://www.mademan.com/mm/how-replace-iac-valve-2000-ford-focus.html this is for a 2000 but applies to your car
Posted on Nov 06, 2012
Testimonial: "thanks i will give it a go tomorrow ..?? thanks for the answer"
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Here's a picture to locate it..
So, when looking at the engine from above, on the right of the exhaust.
Procedure to replace it
1) Lift and support the front end of your car, or drive up on ramps
2) Get under the front of your car. The PCV Valve is located behind the exhaust manifold, a few inches below the valve cover.
3) Push up on the PCV valve to pop it out of the tube, or pull. You can get it out of the rubber tube with some effort.
4) Remove the rubber elbow from the top of the PCV valve. This can be re-used if it's not squishy. It can also be replaced cheaply.
5) Put the elbow on the new PCV Valve
6) Re-attach the elbow to the PCV tube
7) Push the new PCV valve back down into the large rubber tube
Posted on Sep 25, 2009
at the throttle control valve in the upper intake manifold. has 2 wires to it, is a long and round and about 8 inches long.
Posted on Dec 11, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 22, 2016 | 2008 Ford Focus 2.0
Jul 14, 2016 | Ford Cars & Trucks
Jan 16, 2014 | 2009 Ford Focus ST
Feb 11, 2013 | 2007 Ford Focus 2.0
Dec 08, 2012 | 2003 Ford Focus
Jul 20, 2012 | Ford Focus Cars & Trucks
May 27, 2010 | 2007 Ford Focus (3 Door) Hatchback
Feb 06, 2010 | 2003 Ford Focus
Sep 11, 2009 | 2002 Ford Escape
Dec 08, 2008 | 2002 Honda Odyssey
Sep 10, 2016 | 2002 Ford Focus
475 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: