Question about 2000 Ford F250 Super Duty Crew Cabs
You have a problem in you door handle it is a very common problem with your truck. what you need is a can of brake or carb cleaner, access air, and some spray silicone.
1. start the truck and with all doors closed. if your light is on then go to step two. if not wait until it happens again.
2. open each door one at a time and spray the cleaner you have into the latch on the door where it meets to the cab,then blow it dry with air and spry the silicone on.
3. now close the door and see if the light on dash and dome light go out.
4. if not repeat steps for other doors till the light gos out.
5. if the lights go out before you do all four doors, do all anyway.
6. the problem is caused by water and dirt building up on the internal switch in the lock.
7. ford usually charges 50-75 dollars for the check and a new switch runs about 30.00 plus labor to install.
hope this helps you.
Posted on Jan 09, 2009
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 27, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Jun 26, 2012 | 2002 Ford Explorer
Jan 20, 2011 | Ford F-150 Cars & Trucks
Mar 26, 2010 | 2003 Ford F150 Regular Cab
Dec 31, 2009 | 2003 Ford Explorer
Feb 15, 2009 | 2003 Ford Expedition
Feb 09, 2009 | 1998 Ford F150 Regular Cab
Dec 29, 2008 | 2003 Ford Explorer
166 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!