P0455 OBD-II Trouble Code
Evaporative Emission Control
System Leak Detected (no purge flow
or large leak)
What does that mean?
This indicates a fuel vapor leak or lack of purge flow in the EVAP control
system. It means a large leak has been detected. The (EVAP) emission control
system prevents the escape of fuel vapors from a vehicle's fuel system
vapors are routed by hoses to a charcoal canister for storage. Later, when the
engine is running a purge control valve
opens allowing intake vacuum to siphon
the fuel vapors into the engine.
You likely won't notice any drivability problems.
A code p0455 most likely means one or more of the following has happened:
- A loose or improperly affixed gas cap
- A non-conforming gas cap (i.e. not factory/original brand)
- Other leak or damaged piece in EVAP system
With a p0455, the most common repair is to:
- Remove and reinstall the gas cap, clear the codes, and drive for a day and
see if the codes come back.
- Otherwise, replace the gas cap, and/or
- Inspect the EVAP system for cuts/holes in tubes/hoses (you may hear a vacuum
noise or smell fuel), repair if necessary
Also check all rubber hoses anywhere on the engine and look for Cracked or /loose fitting hoses.
Hope This Helps!!!