Question about 2006 Ford Focus
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
On the passenger side of the intake manifold, coming off the bottom
about the center of the engine front to back, you'll feel a hose that
comes off a nipple. That hose makes a 90 degree bend and goes around to
the rear of the motor. Where that hose meets the Y-connector from the
other side of the intake you'll find the PCV valve. It's almost
impossible to see it with the hood installed, and even tougher to reach
A good source of information for Ford Explorers can be found here
Posted on Oct 25, 2008
SOURCE: 2002 ford focus p0401
Here is a list of possible causes for a PO401, hope this helps.
Posted on Feb 10, 2009
Posted on Feb 27, 2009
please rate if this helps.
It is in the front passenger side wheel well. Remove the plastic fender liner (@ 7 screws) and you will see it. Remvoe tire first.
Posted on May 09, 2009
Here's a picture to locate it..
So, when looking at the engine from above, on the right of the exhaust.
Procedure to replace it
1) Lift and support the front end of your car, or drive up on ramps
2) Get under the front of your car. The PCV Valve is located behind the exhaust manifold, a few inches below the valve cover.
3) Push up on the PCV valve to pop it out of the tube, or pull. You can get it out of the rubber tube with some effort.
4) Remove the rubber elbow from the top of the PCV valve. This can be re-used if it's not squishy. It can also be replaced cheaply.
5) Put the elbow on the new PCV Valve
6) Re-attach the elbow to the PCV tube
7) Push the new PCV valve back down into the large rubber tube
Posted on Sep 25, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 21, 2008 | 2006 Ford Freestyle
Mar 10, 2016 | 2006 Ford Focus
Feb 26, 2012 | 2007 Ford Focus (3 Door) Hatchback
Feb 26, 2012 | Ford Focus Cars & Trucks
Jul 25, 2011 | 2004 Ford Focus
Apr 20, 2011 | 2000 Ford Focus
Sep 25, 2009 | 2003 Ford Focus
Nov 02, 2008 | 2000 Ford Focus
523 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: