Question about 2005 Buick LaCrosse
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
It is very hard to see, its back and underneath the altenator, use a flashlight to find it buried under wires and tubes.
Posted on May 03, 2009
Hello bilsher...The La Crosse does not have a serviceable fuel filter. It has a strainer that is located in the tank... but there is no maintenance required for the fuel system.
Hope this answers your question.... please rate me a fixya.
Posted on Jul 23, 2009
Start simple. Investigate your fuses, since it is unlikely, but not unheard of, for both low beams to fail simultaneously.
Do you know where your fuses are?
Posted on Aug 17, 2009
The procedure to replace head light assembly on buick lacrosse is as follows:---
1)To remove and replace the headlight assembly you will need to remove 1 retaining bolt on the top of the headlamp assembly and 2 sliding retainers at the rear.
2) The carefully Pull up the retainers and that will release the headlight assembly and allow you to pull it out the front.
3) When installing the new headlight assembly make sure you have it lined up correctly before trying to install the retainers, don't force them it may get cracked .
4) Both the cover and the bulb are removed by a standard twist to the counterclockwise and replaced by a twist to the clockwise.
5) Now to the dim light. You have to release the entire light assembly before you can remove the screw-on cover to reach the light.
6) On the rear edge of the light unit closest to the engine is a white locking tab. Pull that tab up just to the point where it releases…pull too far and it locks again.
7) Next, locate the other locking bracket which is a metal bracket in the center-rear of the light assembly. This bracket is held down by a screw.
8) Remove the screw with a 10mm wrench. Lift the bracket just like you did the white bracket. You should now be able to pull (or pry) the entire light unit forward a little. Depending on the size of your hands this might be enough.
Note:-- The turn signal is part of the headlight assembly on your 2005 Buick LaCross.
9) To replace the headlight bulb you need to remove the front bumper cover.
10)To release the plastic bumper assembly to give you a little more space. This is done by removing two expansion locking pins, one that holds the little plastic strip down between the bright and dim lights and one that is located inside a rubber bumper on the engine side of the light unit.
11)To remove these locking pins, pull or pry up the little tab in the center of the pin.
Posted on May 23, 2010
to replace the thermostat you will need to fallow the upper radiator hose back to the intake you should find two bolts holding the thermostat housing remove the bolts and you should find the thermostat under the housing you will need to remove the hose this will help you out and before in stalling clean gasket surface on both sides..... please leave a review thanks sincerely D.Jones
Posted on Jun 05, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 10, 2017 | 2010 Buick LaCrosse CXS
Dec 31, 2016 | 2005 Buick LaCrosse
Feb 13, 2016 | Buick Cars & Trucks
Sep 27, 2015 | Buick Cars & Trucks
Body control module (BCM)
S/Roof Fuse 20 A
Sunroof module (includes sunroof motor/actuator)
May 16, 2015 | 2010 Buick LaCrosse
Jan 29, 2015 | 2005 Buick LaCrosse
Mar 19, 2013 | 2005 Buick LaCrosse
Dec 04, 2012 | 2005 Buick LaCrosse
Oct 14, 2009 | 2005 Buick LaCrosse
Feb 26, 2009 | 2005 Buick LaCrosse
90 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!