Question about 2003 Dodge Neon
My friend was trying to roll the window down on a cold night before it fully warmed up and we heard a pop. Now my window will only go down when you roll it down and hit the door so it falls. And if you go too far it will go down kind of, but not back up. We had to lift the window to about a couple inches from the top where it would roll up, while the other rolled the window handle from inside. We think it's off the track. How can you fix this? On a side note: It's manual windows.
You have to remove the inner door panel, End then put it back into the track,
Posted on Nov 05, 2012
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
1, Disconnect the able from negative terminal of the battery.
2. Pry the courtesy light from the door trim and disconnect the wire connector..
3. Remove all door trim panel retaining screws and door pull armrest assemblies.
4. Remove the door switch panel and the control switch panel and the control switch assembly.
5. On models with memory seats/mirrors, use small-flat bladed pry tool to remove and disconnect the wire.
6. Grasp the trim panel lift up and pull out to detach it from the door. Disconnect the inner door handle lock rod from the handle. Unplug any electrical connectors remaining and remove the door panel.
7. To install, connect the wire harness connectors and place the panel in position in the door. Press the trim panel down into place until the hooks are seated.
8. Install the armrest/door pulls, the courtesy light and the window switch'
9. Reconnect the battery
Also. You will need star pattern drivers to remove the window and motor from your door. If you have all the equipment it should only take you 1 hour.
Posted on Jan 15, 2009
Remove the door panel and find the window motor Unplug it and using a separate car battery run cables directly to the window motor When you switch the polarity the motor will either bring the window up or down or if noting happened change the window motor and window regulator assembly.
Posted on Jun 08, 2009
SOURCE: power window on Dodge Ram 1500
no this is something you can do yourself what you need to buy first is a window motor and regulator this is the motor track system prety simple to fix but you need to pull the window up by hand and wedge it in place so it won't move till you are ready to reattach it to the new track
Posted on Dec 05, 2008
durangos have many problems with the windows motors and regulators, I know for personal experience , because I have one, ...when you try rolling the windows down do you hear any noise coming from inside the door..if so.. the cable is busted ..you will need the windows regulator, if no, is probably the motor..you will have to check for power and ground right at the motor connector...if power and ground are present, then you need a motor ....in mine ,I pull the motor and cleaned , and they have been fine for more than a year, I starter with one and them had to do the same to all of them..hope this help
Posted on Aug 02, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 15, 2013 | 2007 Pontiac G6 GT Convertible
Nov 14, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Nov 01, 2013 | 1997 Dodge Neon
Sep 23, 2013 | 2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Truck
Mar 16, 2012 | 1994 Ford Mustang
Mar 25, 2011 | 1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
Mar 15, 2011 | Chrysler Sebring Cars & Trucks
Feb 28, 2011 | Lincoln Town Car Cars & Trucks
Jan 12, 2010 | 2004 Cadillac Deville
Jun 07, 2017 | 1996 BMW 318
Mar 29, 2017 | 2003 Dodge Neon
712 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: