Question about 2003 Chevrolet Suburban 2500

1 Answer

No power I have a 1994 2500 series Cehv pickup 5.7 liter. There is no power to pass or climb a hill and it has been starting hard lately. Could that be a fuel filter problem perhaps?

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

  • Contributor
  • 3 Answers

Yes it could be the filter

Posted on Jan 09, 2009

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

2 Answers

No power when going up hill


I have seen many pass though my shop, these are some what known for this ! There's a 95% chance it is your TPS, throttle positions sensor, now the other 5% has also been there Crankshaft Sensor and IAC, are you doing you doing the work yourself ? If you are, it would help if you get a repair manual for your car. Because then you can follow the test for each of these, you would also need a multi meter to test with. On a scale of 1~5 with 5 being the hardest, I would say it's a 2.What you need the repair book for is the voltage to test for on each of these sensors.

Apr 02, 2014 | 2005 Kia Sedona

1 Answer

I have an 87 Dodge Ram pickup, if passing gear was unhooked how would it run differently?


If your overdrive is disconnected the transmission will never 'kick down' into a lower gear that would provide the torque necessary for passing or climbing hills. This malfunction SHOULD NOT cause any internal transmission problems, only driveablility and performance issues.

Oct 28, 2013 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Ranger looses power up hill


I am assuming you have the 2.3 liter 4cylinder engine.. This is common in all rangers straight out of the factory with that motor. Your asking alot out of a 4 cylinder truck that also get good gas mileage. they just do not have the capacity to gain speed up a hill. There are a few solutions for you that you could try. If it is a 5 speed manual transmission try to speed up before the hill and when you start losing speed go to 4th gear. this is also good for using as a passing gear as im sure you have noticed you lack power when trying to rapidly accelerate at highway speed to pass. an aftermarket cold air intake combined with a less restrictive exuast will give you anywhere from 5-20 hp gain AND give you more MPG's

Or you can buy a light truck with a v6 or v8 in it. rangers can be equipped with v6 as can chevy s10's. dodge dakotas have the availability of small block v8. this is of course will cost you alot in gas (based on experience) I am a 10 yr mechanic and have owned 2- 4 cylinder rangers a 93 and a 94 my dakota which i still own is a 01

Feb 12, 2013 | 1992 Ford Ranger

1 Answer

My 88 toyota hilux cant climb hills. when i drive it up hill the truck will **** like its about to die out. and just recently it started to act then same when driving up hill. my truck will just die out...


Could be one of many problems. Start with fuel filter, air filter or oxygen sensor, Those are the cheap and simple ones. If little changes then it gets a lot more expensive and only a mechanic will help.

Nov 23, 2010 | 1988 Toyota Pickup

1 Answer

I have a 1990 toyota pickup DLX ext cab V6 5-speed


If it seems to run well otherwise, you might have a partially obstructed catalytic convertor. Usually if this is the problem, the engine will also bog down even if you try to rev it up when it is in neutral.

Feb 25, 2010 | 1990 Toyota 4Runner

1 Answer

What causes a 1998 grand caravan 3.3 liter to lose speed climbing a hill with the cruise set but it will hold the vehicle back going down a hill


you have higher torque need when pulling the vehicle up hill but less going down because it does not require as much power to hold your van back. Hope this helps

Oct 07, 2009 | 1998 Dodge Grand Caravan

1 Answer

Truck stalls when coming out of passing gear


try fuel filter if hasnt been cnanged lately.

Mar 16, 2009 | 1996 Chevrolet K1500

1 Answer

Loss of power, transmission not shifting


i know the camp verde hill of which you speak , last vehicle in the shop with that same scenario , after doing everything possible including a catalyst check , as we could not duplicate the problem , we replaced fuel pump at owners request and next trip he confirmed it was a fix .

Jan 13, 2009 | 2001 GMC Sierra 2500HD

Not finding what you are looking for?
Cars & Trucks Logo

Related Topics:

73 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Chevrolet Experts

yadayada
yadayada

Level 3 Expert

70387 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22041 Answers

Jeff Turcotte
Jeff Turcotte

Level 3 Expert

6878 Answers

Are you a Chevrolet Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...