Question about 2001 Chevrolet Blazer
Tried starter fluid still wont start checked fuel pressure still wont start, checked for spark and that is also good what could be the problem?
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Try to do the crank relearn:
Ensure that your battery is fully charged before attempting the relearn procedure. Do not leave any battery charger or jumper cables attached to the battery. Close the hood completely. Some applications require that the doors remain closed during the procedure.
1. Rotate the key to the start position to attempt to start the vehicle (the vehicle will not start).
Allow the key to return to the all position (same as if the vehicle would have started). The theft system light will flash (or stay lit) on the dash for approximately 10 minutes.
2. When the theft system telltale stops flashing (or turns oft) turn the key to the off position for 5 seconds and then attempt tostart the vehicle. The vehicle should start on this cycle.
3. Once the vehicle is running, the password relearn is complete.
00 + S10
1. Rotate the key to the start position to attempt to start the vehicle (the vehicle will not start). Allow the key to return to the on position. (same as if the vehicle would have started)
2. The theft system light will flash (or stay lit) on the dash for approximately 10 minutes.
3. When the theft system telltale stops flashing (or turns off) turn the key to the off position for 5 seconds and then attempt to start the vehicle.
4. Repeat steps 1 through 3 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes.
5. On the next cycle of turning the ignition key from off to crank the vehicle should start
6. Once the vehicle is running, the password is learned and this completes the cycle.
7. Clear any DTC's with a scan tool if necessary. DTC history will be cleared after 100 ignition cycles.
Thank you for using fixya and keep me posted, be glad to help you get your jimmy running 100%
Posted on Apr 26, 2010
SOURCE: 2002 chevy Blazer hard starting
replace the fuel injectors, that is the likely cause......
to test the injector, take the power clip off the top of the injector, take one wire and ground it to the body of the car, and another form the battery, to the other post on the injector, if you do not hear a pulsing sound coming from the injector it is bad, if you do, then you have a wiring problem.
Posted on Nov 26, 2008
Take off the distributor cap. Check the star wheel that is splined to the distributor shaft that the pick-up coil uses. Make sure this wheel is not loose on the distributor shaft. It is right above the pick-up. If it is loose, replace the distributor. This is a common problem. If it needs one, all the part stores stock the distributor.
Posted on Mar 08, 2009
That eliminates the crankshaft and camshaft position sensors. Have you checked the fuel injector itself for an open winding or stuck valve plunger? There should not be a steady 12 volts to the injector--if good injector, it would be spraying fuel steadily into the throttle body. But at least the engine should try to run if poorly. Take the injector out, dry it off with air, and intermittently apply 12 volts to one terminal while grounding the other. You should hear a click from inside every time you touch 12 volts. If not, replace it. If it does, it may be plugged with debris. Try blowing through it in reverse with compressed air.
Posted on Jul 17, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 12, 2016 | 2004 Chevrolet Cavalier
Jan 25, 2014 | 2001 Dodge Stratus
Nov 27, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
May 24, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Aug 20, 2012 | 2001 Chevrolet Blazer
Mar 14, 2010 | 2001 Chevrolet Blazer
Jun 28, 2009 | 1997 Chevrolet Blazer
Jun 17, 2009 | 2002 Chevrolet Blazer
Jan 18, 2009 | 2000 Chevrolet Blazer
365 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: