An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: when locking car should lights flash
Hello, this is quite normal for lights to flash, Imagine being at a Cinema or Concert and half a dozen vehicles same model/colour parked in the area you thopught you left yours? Hitting the fob helps find your own vehicle, also lets you know that the vehicle is either Locked or unlocked.
Hope this FixYa's problem.
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If it is a canadian tire remote i am doutfull of the quality of the product.check the key fob when you push it do you get any indicator light? either on the fob or in the car ie the car lights should flash?
I had a problem where my key fob did not lock or unlock the car, Renault Clio Dynamique, but the central locking button in the car did still work and engine turned over fine. Changed the key fob battery still nothing. Read online about disconnecting and reconnecting the car battery, (negative only) and hey presto it worked! All working fine now!
should not be using fob buttons for entry or locking for emergency only .if keyless entry walk up to car with fob do not press any buttons see if door opens then walk away from car with fob about 20m then go back to car without fob and see if door locked if so all working fine .indicators will not flash if the above dont work take back to main dealer for diagnostics keys may need to be reprogrammed
You should not have to reset the key fob after a battery replacement. The signal from the key fob stays the same and is programed to the reciever.
If the key fob needs to be reprogrammed then follow these steps.
1. Have all key fobs with you during programming.
2. Sit in the vehicle with all doors closed.
3. Lock all doors using the Lock/Unlock switch on the door.
4. Insert and withdraw the ignition key 7 to 9 times within 10 seconds (do not turn the key, just insert and withdraw).
5. The 4 way flasher indicator on the dash should flash once or twice.
6. Insert the ignition key and turn it on (key on, engine off).
7. Press any button on one remote and the 4 way flasher indicator on the dash should flash once.
8. If you have more key fobs to program use the Lock/Unlock button on the door to unlock the doors and then lock the doors.
9. Press any button on the next key fob and the 4 way flasher indicator on the dash should flash once.
10. Repeat if you have more key fobs. Only 5 can be programmed.
11. To exit, simply turn of the igniton and remove the ignition key.
12. Unlock the doors using the Lock/Unlock switch on the door and exit the vehicle.
13. Make sure the window is down when testing remotes in case you leave the keys inside.
14. Close all doors and test all remotes that were programmed.
Do not skip any steps or the process will not work.
If the 4 way flasher indicator does not work when inserting the key, you will need to start the process from the begining. If it still does not work the receiver may be your problem.
If the 4 way flasher indicator does not flash when pressing any button on the key fob then the key fob is the problem (dead battery or defective remote)