Question about Cars & Trucks
Code 12 - Battery or power line recently disconnected - This code is normal if the electrical system has been worked on or the battery has recently been disconnected. It will be removed after 15 ignition switch on/off cycles.
Code 25 - AIS (Automatic Idle Speed) motor circuit shorted or target idle speed not reached
- Vaccum leak - Check all vaccum lines for cracks or breaks.
- Bad connection or wiring - Check the wiring and connections between the logic module and the motor. Clean and regrease any corroded connectors with dielectric grease and repair any shorts.
- Shorted or frozen AIS motor - The AIS motor is located near the TPS. For 1987 or earlier Turbo I engines, remove the bolt and slide the motor out (you may have to wiggle and twist it). Remove the clamp and carefully pull out the motor. Be sure and observe how it goes together, especially the orienation of the rotatiing valve inside. Hook the motor to a 12V supply to see if it runs. If it doesn't, replace the AIS. Clean all the gears and shafts throughly and reassemble the gear and valve assembly. Spray all the gears and parts with TriFlo or a similar silicone spray lubricant (don't use WD40 because it evaporates) and insert the motor. If the engine seems to race wildly after assembly (give it some time to get control), you probably installed the internal, rotating valve backwards.
Code 41 - Alternator field control circuit open or shorted
- Bad connection or wiring - Check the wiring and connections between the logic module and the power module. Clean and regrease any corroded connectors with dielectric grease and repair any shorts.
- Bad voltage regulator circuit
Code 55 - End of message
No further fault codes are stored. If this is the only code received, then there are no codes stored in memory. This code will always be given, even if nothing is wrong. If you do not get this code, then you may not be retreiving the codes properly, or the power loss light may be burnt out. The light should come on for 1 second when the ignition is initally turned on as a bulb test.
Hope this helps; also keep in mind that your feedback is important and I`ll appreciate your time and consideration if you leave some testimonial comment about this answer.
Thank you for using FixYa, have a nice day.
Posted on Oct 31, 2012
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I can only offer these few ideas.
Posted on Jun 28, 2009
look for access panels in rear hatch there will be one on each side remove those and there will be 10 ml nuts holding the light housings on remove those then you can access the lights
Posted on Jul 02, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 25, 2015 | 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT
Dec 08, 2012 | 2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse
Nov 12, 2011 | 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse
Feb 25, 2010 | 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse
Jun 05, 2009 | 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse
May 03, 2009 | 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder
Mar 03, 2009 | 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse
Jan 21, 2009 | 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse
Jan 16, 2009 | 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse
Nov 27, 2008 | 2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse
144 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!