Question about Cars & Trucks
Posted by Anonymous on
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
This is quite a process....
1) Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable.
2) Remove the rear shelf trim panel.
3) Disconnect the CHMSL electrical connector (1).
4) Remove the two mounting fasteners (3) to the CHMSL (2).
Installation is opposite of removal.
Rear shelf trim panel
1) Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable.
2) Remover the right and left lower and upper C-pillar trim.
3) Remove the nut that secures the center rear seat belt lower anchor to the stud on the floor panel and feed the seat belt webbing back through the opening in the top of the rear shelf panel trim (2) to the retractor.
4) Remove the push-pin fastener (1) that secures the trim (2) to the rear shelf panel.
5) Slide the trim forward to disengage the S-clip that secures the underside of the trim to the to the center of the shelf panel.
6) Remove the trim from the rear shelf panel.
1) Position the trim (2) onto the rear shelf panel(3).
2) Slide the rear edge of the trim rearward to engage the lens bezel of the center high-mounted stop lamp and far enough to engage the S-clip that secures the underside of the trim to the center of the shelf panel.
3) Install the push-pin fastener (1) that secures the trim to the rear shelf panel.
4) Pull the center rear seat belt lower anchor and belt webbing from the retractor through the opening the the top of the rear shelf panel trim and back down to the stud on the floor panel.
5) Install and tighten the nut that secures the seat belt lower anchor to the stud on the floor panel. Tighten the nut to 34 N m (25 ft. lbs.).
6) Reinstall the right and left upper and lower C-pillar trim.
7) Connect the battery negative cable.
C-pillar trim removal
Hope this all gets it done for you........
Posted on Mar 12, 2010
IF POSSIBLE GET A HAYNES MANUAL OR USE ONE WHEEL AS
A REFERENCE WHILE WORKING ON THE OTHER. BETTER GET
THE BOOK ESPECIALLY IF YOU HAVE REAR DISC CALIPERS.
Posted on Apr 04, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 20, 2017 | Ford Cars & Trucks
Dec 21, 2016 | Ford Cars & Trucks
Oct 02, 2016 | 2012 Ford Fusion S Sedan 2.5L 4-cyl....
Jan 08, 2016 | Ford Cars & Trucks
Oct 26, 2015 | 2012 Ford Fusion S Sedan 2.5L 4-cyl....
Mar 18, 2015 | 2012 Ford Fusion SE
Jan 17, 2014 | 2012 Ford Fusion S Sedan 2.5L 4-cyl....
Jan 04, 2014 | Dodge Neon Cars & Trucks
Feb 26, 2013 | 2012 Ford Fusion S Sedan 2.5L 4-cyl....
Mar 20, 2012 | 2012 Ford Fusion S Sedan 2.5L 4-cyl....
348 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: