An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert that has over 10,000 points.
Re: my car smells like burning rubber whenever i turn it...
I am not really sure what your problem is but if you have over sized tires on the car when you turn you could be getting this smell or someone changed the oil in the car they got a lot of oil in the frame and while driving it is getting on the drive belt and that will also give off a burning rubber smell
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
It is normal for the fan to run for a short while (few minutes) after turning off the car to allow the heat in the radiator to dissipate. The time may be dependent on the coolant temperature or it could just be a fixed time (i.e. so many minutes). The burning smell could be a loose belt, but I suspect the radiator fan is electrical and not belt-driven. I think the burning smell could be oil from a leaking gasket. The oil drips onto the hot engine and voila... burnt oil. Not sure what you mean by new (new to you or 2013-14 model), but new cars should not have any leaking fluids. A stuck break caliper could aslo produce a burning smell.
SOUND LIKE ALTERNATOR SHAFT BEARING FAILING CAUSING ALTERNATOR PULLEY LOCK OR PUT DRAG ON DRIVE BELT CAUSING BURN RUBBER SMELL OR DRIVE BELT LOOSE CAUSES BELT SLIPPAGE MAKE BELT RUB AND BURN.WHEN YOU SMELL RUBBER BELT BURN SMELL WATCH OUT DRIVE IS GOING TO BREAK.
make sure that they check all of rubber materials that could be burning which is a number of things, The ac belt could be slipping and getting hot, other hoses could be burning on the exhaust, sound insulation or under coating on the bottom of the car. they need to do just a good thourough inspection, even raise the car up on the lift to make sure nothing is bent, broke,rubbing or missing. The loose hose clamp is not going to smell like burnt rubber, maybe antifreeze but not rubber simply tell them you would like these things checked out they should do that for you
Unless your gauge is faulty you engine probably is not overheated. Any vehicle engine at normal operating temperature is hot. I'm guessing but I bet your normal operating temperature is about 185 degrees. You say it is "leaking cold water". Were you using the air conditioner when this took place? If so that is normal condensation. As for the burning smell I would look at the exaust area to see if a piece of trash has caused it.
Generally that smell is caused by an oil leak that is getting on either the exhaust pipe or manifold (doesn't take much to smell). As far as bottle getting low, I've got a 93 that never stays full but only needs coolant in the radiator about once every two months. Been like that for two or three years and has never overheated. I'm sure there is a small leak somewhere, but I'm not driving myself crazy looking for it. Check all hose connections, and look on the ground after being parked overnight...If it's leaking, something will show up. But if the radiator is staying full, just check it when checking oil level.
First check that your fans are operating and coolant level is full. If they are, check that there are no leaves etc stuck betweren the radiator and the AC condenser.Last option is a bit more expensive...radiator may be partially obstructed internally (would need flush or replacement) Egg smell brings me to another potential problem if converter is partially plugged it will raise engine temp as well...the rubber smell is oil residue on block getting hotter than normal and evaporating. If you work on this yourself ask any techinical questions you have along the way and I'll try to help. Otherwise get the car to a shop asap...overheating in any form can severely damage your engine. Good luck!!
The sulphur smell is the result of the emmisions control system. I have an 06 Expedition with the exact same engine and emmisions system as yours. When the engine is cold, you don't smell that sulphur smell, but as soon as the engine gets to operating temperature, the exhaust gasses smell sulphury. Nothing wrong with your ride - they all do that. The dealership sometimes spray the underbody with some type of rubber to protect the vehicle against rust. This rubber stuff sometimes get sprayd on the exhaust as well and then you will smell "burning tires" after driving the vehicle. This will go away after a few thousend miles though.