Question about Cars & Trucks
There is no manual way to program keyless remotes to this vehicle. Please contact a Locksmith or your local dealership to get a quote on how much it will cost to program keyless remotes to this vehicle.
Posted on Oct 31, 2012
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Your key FOB is easily programmed by yourself without the need of computer, here is how: Push and hold the trip computer button on the left stalk, while holding the button turn the ignition ON and OFF several times untill you hear a confirmation tone from the glovebox area, when the tone is heard, release the button and remove the key from the ignition, immediately after push any button on the Key FOB and you'll hear another tone that confirms the programming.
Posted on Dec 01, 2008
SOURCE: Code to program my key fob
Here are the program instructions
1. Close the vehicle doors.
2. Turn OFF the ignition.
3. Remove the key from the ignition.
4. Press and hold the driver side door lock switch in the UNLOCK position.
5. Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder and remove the key. (Do not turn the ignition key in the lock cylinder.)
6. Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder and remove the key. (Do not turn the ignition key in the lock cylinder.)
7. Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder. (Do not turn the ignition key in the lock cylinder.) Leave the ignition key in the ignition lock cylinder.
8. Release the door lock switch. The vehicle will sound three beeps in order to verify the Program Mode has been activated.
9. Press the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons together on the keyless entry transmitter and hold until the vehicle beeps twice to verify that the transmitter has been successfully programmed (this take approximately 15 seconds).
10. Perform the previous step to program up to four transmitters (including your old ones).
11. Remove the ignition key in order to exit the Program Mode
Posted on Dec 04, 2008
SOURCE: 2002 montana program key fob
Key fobs tend to hold their code indefintely. The batteries in them are probably burnt. Open up one of the fobs and replace the battery (hearing aid type) then they should work fine. Good Luck!~
Posted on Nov 08, 2008
SOURCE: reprogram key fob
Here is a quick HowTo on programming your own keyless entry:
1) Turn ignition to OFF.
2) Locate the Data Link Connector, its a black 16 pin connecter that is under the driver's side dash, right where your right knee would be. You have to look up into the dash from below to see it.
3) Ground pin 1 of the Data Link Connector by taking a wire or paper clip and running it from pin 1 to pin 4. Pin 4 is ground so you can just short pin 1 to 4 and it will be grounded. Grounding pin 1 tells the system you are ready to reprogram it.
4) Close all of your doors.
5) Turn the key to ACC then back off. The power door locks will lock/unlock. This is the signal that the system is ready for reprogramming.
6) Push a button on your key fob, doesn't matter which button.
7) If you have 2 key fobs, then press a button on the 2nd fob within 1 minute of pressing a button on the 1st fob. Both must be programmed at the same time. If you only have 1 fob then press a button 2 more times to signal that you only have one.
8) The doors will lock/unlock to signal the codes were received.
9) Remove the jumper wire from the data connector. 10) your done
Posted on May 15, 2009
Go to the dealer. It is the only way, they have to use a computer. Changing the battery doesn't make it lose it's program though. You most likely broke the battery hold down. This is the most common thing I see at my shop. If the key still starts the vehicle, you now have a bad key fob. If not, you may be able to get it reprogrammed.
Posted on Aug 05, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 24, 2016 | 2008 Nissan Altima
Dec 02, 2015 | 2013 Nissan Sentra
Jun 06, 2015 | 2008 Nissan Altima
Feb 21, 2018 | Cars & Trucks
Jul 02, 2014 | 2008 Suzuki SX4
Jan 30, 2013 | 2008 Ford Expedition Eddie
Oct 31, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
Mar 30, 2011 | 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer
Jun 14, 2009 | 2002 Nissan Altima
213 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!