Question about Mercury Cars & Trucks
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: reprogram key fob
Here is a quick HowTo on programming your own keyless entry:
1) Turn ignition to OFF.
2) Locate the Data Link Connector, its a black 16 pin connecter that is under the driver's side dash, right where your right knee would be. You have to look up into the dash from below to see it.
3) Ground pin 1 of the Data Link Connector by taking a wire or paper clip and running it from pin 1 to pin 4. Pin 4 is ground so you can just short pin 1 to 4 and it will be grounded. Grounding pin 1 tells the system you are ready to reprogram it.
4) Close all of your doors.
5) Turn the key to ACC then back off. The power door locks will lock/unlock. This is the signal that the system is ready for reprogramming.
6) Push a button on your key fob, doesn't matter which button.
7) If you have 2 key fobs, then press a button on the 2nd fob within 1 minute of pressing a button on the 1st fob. Both must be programmed at the same time. If you only have 1 fob then press a button 2 more times to signal that you only have one.
8) The doors will lock/unlock to signal the codes were received.
9) Remove the jumper wire from the data connector. 10) your done
Posted on May 15, 2009
SOURCE: program second key fob
Your key can only be programed at the dealer. They have to use a scan tool and a unique id code that they get from the factory. It is done this way to help insure that the vehicle is less likely to be stolden.
Posted on May 25, 2009
Transmitter Programming Procedure
Close all the vehicle doors.
Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder.
Press and hold the door unlock switch.
While holding the door lock switch in the unlock position, cycle the ignition ON, OFF, ON, OFF.
Release the door unlock switch. The doors will lock and unlock to confirm the program mode.
Press and hold the LOCK button and the UNLOCK button simultaneously on the transmitter. After a delay of approximately 15 seconds, the doors will lock and unlock to confirm the programming of the transmitter.
Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position in order to exit the keyless entry transmitter mode.
Operate the transmitter functions in order to verify correct system operation.
Posted on Jun 25, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 24, 2016 | 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan
Mar 25, 2015 | 2004 Chrysler Sebring Convertible
Jun 29, 2014 | 1999 Mercury Grand Marquis
Mar 09, 2013 | 2000 Mercury Grand Marquis
Oct 29, 2017 | 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan
Jan 26, 2011 | 2000 Mercury Grand Marquis
May 03, 2009 | 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Apr 02, 2009 | 1998 Mercury Grand Marquis
140 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!