Question about Nissan XTrail
Have you tried pushing the red "release" button whilst moving the shift lever?
Posted on Mar 05, 2013
Tyr t fill some atf on your transmission..
Posted on Oct 30, 2012
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Here is what I could find, hope it helps.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
The following procedure is a general procedure for console removal. You may have to modify or skip certain steps depending upon your vehicle.
Fig. Fig. 1: Remove the retainers, unplug the connector, then remove the console door
Fig. Fig. 2: Exploded view of a typical console mounting
Posted on May 04, 2009
From the factory service manual
1. Remove the screws holding the console side cover and remove the side cover.
2. Remove the screws holding the floor console assembly and then pull out the floor assembly. (looks like a two screws inside the arm console in the diagram)
Here is a link to a factory service manual for your SUV. Hyundai Service Manuals
Posted on Sep 27, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 19, 2015 | 2007 Jeep Wrangler 2.4
Nov 12, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Jul 05, 2014 | 1998 Ford Escort
Sep 02, 2012 | 2007 Infiniti FX35
Welcome to FixYa.com
1. Remove air cleaner and air intake hose assembly.
2. Remove center dash trim panel.
3. Remove center console cup holder assembly.
4. Remove floor console assembly.
5. Remove console side panels.
6. Remove Transmission Control Module ftMJ bracket.
1. Remove TCM.
8. Remove shifter cable from transaxle operating lever by removing nut and clip.
9. Remove shifter cable from shifter lever assembly by removing clip.
10. Remove shifter cable from shifter lever mechanism.
11. Remove cable from firewall grommet by removing grommet assembly nuts.
12. Remove gearshift cable from vehicle.
Lift and rotate the gearshift hand lever into the park (F9 gate position and remove the ignition
key. This confirms the shift lever is in the gated park (F9 position.
After confirming the park gate position. turn the ignition switch . If the starter will operate. the
park gate position is correct. Move the shift lever into the neutral (NJ position. If the starter
will operate in this position, the linkage is properly adjusted. If the starter fails to operate in
either position, linkage adjustment is required.
1. Park the vehicle on level ground and set the parking brake.
2. Place the gearshift lever in park (F9 gate position and remove key.
3. Loosen the cable adjustment screw at the transaxle operating lever.
4. Pull the transaxle operating lever fully forward to the park detent position.
5. Release the park brake, then rock the vehicle to assure it is in park lock. Reset the park
6. Tighten the cable adjustment screw to 8 Nm (10 inch Ibs.J. Gearshift cable should now be
1. Check adjustment by usinq the precedinq procedure.
Thank you for Using FixYa.com
Kind Regards, Lee
Your Master Technician FixYa Expert
Jan 31, 2011 | 1997 Chrysler Sebring
Nov 26, 2010 | 2007 Chevrolet Impala LS Sedan New Cars
Feb 12, 2009 | 2004 Pontiac Grand Am
Feb 06, 2009 | 2007 Toyota Sequoia
May 28, 2008 | 2006 Ford Focus
179 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: