Question about Ford Fusion
Posted by Anonymous on
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Thermostat housing and related components—2.3L engine
Posted on Dec 07, 2009
IF POSSIBLE GET A HAYNES MANUAL OR USE ONE WHEEL AS
A REFERENCE WHILE WORKING ON THE OTHER. BETTER GET
THE BOOK ESPECIALLY IF YOU HAVE REAR DISC CALIPERS.
Posted on Apr 04, 2010
1. Follow the upper radiator hose from the radiator to the engine block
and there you should see a neck where the hose is connected to the
2. Take the hose off by removing/loosening the clamp and pulling the hose off. Sometimes it's easier to use a screwdriver to pry the hose off. Be careful though not to damage the hose.
3. There should be 2 bolts on top off the housing. Take the bolts completely out and remove the housing from the engine block.
4. Remove the thermostat and gasket from the block and clean the location good with a wire brush. This ensures a good seal for the new gasket. Sometimes it helps to have a razor blade or other scraper to clean it with. Try not to score the metal when cleaning.
5. Installation is reversed. Some thermostats require a sealant to be used with the gasket, be sure to ask when you buy the thermostat.
6. Start vehicle and let it run for a little bit to check for leaks. If everything checks out, you are good to go.
Posted on Jun 26, 2010
SOURCE: p0128 code on 2006 ford
Your vehicle needs a thermostat. It is a pretty simple repair. Its under the left side of the intake manifold. You have to get one of the bolts from the bottom and the other two from the top.
Posted on Sep 26, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 02, 2016 | 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid
Feb 26, 2015 | 2006 Ford Fusion
Jan 19, 2015 | 2006 Ford Fusion
May 04, 2014 | 2006 Ford Taurus
Mar 20, 2012 | 2012 Ford Fusion S Sedan 2.5L 4-cyl....
Jun 13, 2011 | 2006 Ford Fusion
Oct 17, 2010 | 2006 Ford Fusion
Oct 12, 2010 | 2006 Ford Fusion
Dec 07, 2009 | 2006 Ford Fusion
Jun 20, 2018 | Ford Cars & Trucks
235 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: