Question about 2010 Lexus LX 570
Where is the oil filter access door
Posted by Anonymous on
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Perform steps 1-3 first to inspect whether you have the access doors or not before ordering filters!!!
Did this little project this evening. Figured I'd write it up.
5 Easy steps:
1. Remove glove box door by removing both screws at the bottom of the door.
2. First pop the the little flap with a fuse/relay out of the black plastic shield in the upper portion of the glove box opening. Next push it back behind the shield through the opening. Next remove the 3 screws holding the shield in place. Don't pull this shield out yet!! Read step 3 first.
3. Gently pull the shield out. Be careful because the glove box light is still plugged into this part. It is located on the right side of the shield. Once it is pulled out slightly, unplug the bulb from the harness and now you can fully remove the part.
4. Now you can see the vertical cover where the air filters reside. The cover is about 5 inches tall and about 1 inch wide. It has 2 tabs on the upper portion of the cover. Squeeze these tabs towards each other and pull the cover off.
5. The filters are now exposed. They are stacked on top of each other. Pull the first filter out then lift the next filter up and pull out. Put new filters back in and reverse the procedure.
2 Cabin air filters (Toyota PN 88568-60010 if you drop CDan a pm)
1 Phillips screw driver
No more than 15 minutes
STEP BY STEP PHOTO INSTRUCTIONS
Thanks for using FixYa - a FixYa rating is appreciated for taking the time to answer your FERE question.
Posted on Mar 19, 2009
SOURCE: oil viscosity requirements
5w30. the oil filter is a paper filter located inside an aluminum housing. you must remove the small access panel just ahead of the oil pan to access the filter. you will nee a special wrench to remove the aluminim housing to access the filter.
Posted on Nov 01, 2009
SOURCE: how to change oil and
Hello and Welcome to FixYa.com 1-15-2011 1-14-55 AM.jpg - https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B9_YIn2J4Rx0NGI2ZmM0YmItMzUyOS00NTdiLTgyODUtY2NmMDcwNzA3MWM2&hl=en&authkey=CMOxmekM Thank you for using FixYa.com Regards, Lee Davidian Your FixYa Expert
1-15-2011 1-14-40 AM.jpg - https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B9_YIn2J4Rx0YTFmNzc5N2UtYThlYi00YjdiLTgyZjUtN2Y0OWI3OWY0YWQx&hl=en&authkey=COr8v-wK
1-15-2011 1-13-56 AM.jpg - https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B9_YIn2J4Rx0N2U3OGI2OTEtMTMwOS00ZTdhLWI3ODktMDNkMmM5NTQ1NzBi&hl=en&authkey=CIa5lgE
1-15-2011 12-42-33 AM.jpg - https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B9_YIn2J4Rx0NDEyNmIyNzMtMmJjMy00OTFiLWFlZTItOGZhMmE1NDM1YmVh&hl=en&authkey=CK2Jlb0L
1-15-2011 1-16-50 AM.rtf -https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YpNDqeiS1UQdPNIz_ycfqkSK_LCCoHBM0obfSf2PPPY/edit?hl=en&authkey=CKyw7fEK
Hello and Welcome to FixYa.com
1-15-2011 1-14-55 AM.jpg - https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B9_YIn2J4Rx0NGI2ZmM0YmItMzUyOS00NTdiLTgyODUtY2NmMDcwNzA3MWM2&hl=en&authkey=CMOxmekM
Thank you for using FixYa.com
Regards, Lee Davidian
Your FixYa Expert
Posted on Jan 15, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 22, 2014 | 2014 Lexus LX 570
Feb 09, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Mar 09, 2012 | 2011 Lexus LX 570
Jan 18, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
Mar 09, 2011 | 2009 Lexus LX 570
Oct 31, 2009 | 2007 Lexus RX 350 FWD
Aug 12, 2009 | 2009 Lexus LX 570
Jun 14, 2014 | 2010 Lexus LX 570
54 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: