Question about 2000 Chevrolet Malibu
I took door panel off and can see wire cable is off the pulley motor is still working but glass just slides up and down on its own like its not attached Does motor assembly have to be removed?
You need a new window regulator. Some come with a new motor and some don't. Get ready to spend some money for that regulator.
Posted on Jan 03, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
1. Remove the watershield. (Refer to 23 - BODY/DOOR - FRONT/WATERSHIELD - REMOVAL)
2. Remove door glass retaining clips and secure the window in the up position using masking tape or equivalent(FRONT DOOR GLASS CLIPS).
3. Disconnect wire connector from power window motor, if equipped.
4. Loosen screws attaching front and rear window guide rails to inner door panel (FRONT DOOR MANUAL WINDOW REGULATOR - TYPICAL).
5. Remove screw heads on guide rails from key hole slots in inner door panel.
6. Loosen screws attaching regulator to inner door panel.
7. Remove regulator from inner door panel.
8. Extract rear guide rail through inner door panel rear access hole (FRONT DOOR POWER WINDOW - TYPICAL).
9. Extract front guide rail through front access hole.
1. Insert front guide rail through front access hole.
2. Insert rear guide rail through rear access hole.
3. Place window regulator in position on inner door panel.
4. Place screw heads on guide rails in position through key hole slots in inner door panel.
5. Tighten screws to attach front and rear guide rails to inner door panel.
6. Connect wire connector into power window motor, if equipped.
7. Install door glass.
8. Verify door glass alignment and operation.
9. Install sound shield and door trim panel
DIAGRAMS CAN BE FOUND ON JUSTANSWER,COM
Sep 02, 2012 | 1997 Dodge Grand Caravan
Feb 20, 2011 | 2002 Chevrolet Tahoe
Fig. View of inner door frame and window regulator assembly
Fig. Installing the door glass regulator
NOTE The illustration shows the removal and installation of the window regulator motor/assembly carrier with the window regulator on the rear doors. The procedure for removing and installing on the front doors is the same.
Fig. Slide a hammer shaft between the window guide and the
assembly carrier until the end of the hammer shaft presses against the
assembly carrier. Remove the screws and take off the window regulator
Fig. Unfasten the bolts (1) and remove window regulator
Fig. By removing window regulator motor, gearing shifts, it is not centered
Fig. For replacement part carrier assemblies, the gearing is secured in place with a cable tie (1)
Dec 14, 2010 | 2002 Volkswagen Jetta TDI
Jul 13, 2010 | 2002 Toyota Sequoia
Jan 02, 2010 | 2000 Pontiac Bonneville
Oct 23, 2009 | 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix
Sep 05, 2009 | 2004 Dodge Caravan
Aug 03, 2009 | 1994 Toyota Camry
Jun 24, 2009 | 2004 Toyota Sienna
May 23, 2009 | 2001 Dodge Dakota
Jul 10, 2014 | 2000 Chevrolet Malibu
105 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!