Question about Chevrolet Equinox
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
LEAN TROUBLE CODES (P0171 or P0174)
A code P0171 or P0174 indicate the engine is running lean. This means there is too much air and/or not enough fuel. You can confirm the engine is running lean by looking at Short Term Fuel Trim (STFT) and Long Term Fuel Trim (LTFT). Normally, STFT and LTFT should be plus or minus 8 from zero. If STFT and/or LTFT are more than about +10 or higher, it indicates the engine is running LEAN. Negative numbers (-10 or more) indicates the engine is running RICH.
A lean fuel condition can be caused by:
* Low fuel pressure due to a weak pump or leaky fuel pressure regulator. (use a fuel pressure gauge to check fuel pressure at idle)
* Dirty fuel injectors. (try cleaning the injectors)
* Vacuum leaks at the intake manifold, vacuum hose connections or throttle body. (Use a vacuum gauge to check for low intake vacuum)
* Leaky EGR valve. (Check operation of EGR valve)
* Leaky PCV Valve or hose. (Check valve and hose connections)
* Dirty or defective Mass Airflow Sensor (MAF). (Try cleaning the MAF sensor wires or filament with aerosol electronics cleaner. Do NOT use anything else to clean the sensor, and do not touch the sensor wires)
______________________________-- Causes A code P0171 may mean that one or more of the following has happened:
Posted on Jan 02, 2010
Testimonial: "great info. Thanks a million."
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 17, 2016 | 2010 Citroen C3 1.6
Jan 27, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Nov 19, 2014 | 2010 Chevrolet Equinox 1LT
Mar 26, 2012 | 2010 GMC Sierra 2500HD
Oct 05, 2011 | 2000 Chevrolet Venture
Jan 14, 2010 | 2005 Chevrolet Suburban
Sep 24, 2009 | 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
384 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!