Question about Mitsubishi Diamante
Do I need to use press to romove/iInstall front bearings.
In almost all cases with a front wheel drive but really need to know the make model year and engine size of the vehicle...
Posted on Oct 29, 2012
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
you can go to this site. the details are to long. www.e-how.com/way_5579019_replace-geo-prism-wheel-bearing good-day !
Posted on Jul 11, 2011
SOURCE: Need to replace front wheel
Hello and welcome to FixYa!
You will need hydraulic press to press it in and out. You will need some set of big washers too, almost the size of the bearing to push it out. Sir I have a good link for you, it's not for subaru, it's a honda bearing removal but it will surely help you out for it is detailed.
Please click here http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2833700
Hope you find this helpful and thank you for using FixYa! Have a good one!
Posted on Aug 22, 2011
you can usually get that press as a free loaner tool at autozone or o'reilly however I believe it is a deposit, and around 60 bucks maybe more, but you will get all that back when you return it.
Posted on Sep 11, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
3. Remove retaining ring. If the bearing inner race remains on wheel hub, grind a section of inner race until approximately 0.020 in (0.5 mm) remains. Remove race with a chisel.
4. Remove wheel bearing with suitable tool.
• Do not remove dust cover unless necessary. • Do not reuse dust cover if removed. 5. Mark relative positions of dust cover and knuckle for proper reassembly. 6. Remove dust cover with a chisel.
• Do not remove wheel hub bolt unless necessary. • Do not reuse wheel hub bolt if removed. 7. Remove wheel hub bolt with a press.
Assembly 1. Press in new wheel studs. Front wheel hub press in either bolt turning or loosening by the torque of 108.5 lb•ft (147 N•m, 15 kg•m) shall not be premissible.
2. Mark new dust cover to match the removed dust cover. 3. Align mark on new dust cover with knuckle. 4. Install new dust cover with suitable tool.
5. Install new wheel bearing with suitable tool. 6. Install front wheel hub assembly with suitable tool.
• Use a new oil seal, and apply grease to seal. • Install oil seal so that it is flush with knuckle. 7. Install new oil seal with SST(0K993 331 016).
Jan 12, 2013 | 2003 Kia Sedona
Mar 19, 2011 | Ford Focus Cars & Trucks
Feb 17, 2011 | Toyota Corolla Cars & Trucks
Oct 23, 2009 | 1988 Jeep Cherokee
Oct 20, 2009 | 1996 Geo Prizm
Oct 19, 2009 | 1991 Subaru Loyale
Jun 01, 2009 | 1991 Ford Festiva
May 13, 2009 | 2004 Kia Rio
Aug 01, 2008 | 2000 Honda Accord
Jul 17, 2008 | 1993 Ford Escort 4 Door
53 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!