Question about 2007 Toyota RAV4
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Hi I'm litoshop if the security light stop blinking.then you deactived the alarm if your car has a factory alarm then the same light you see blinking look at it close and see if it's a switch push it in and put the key on and just turn on the dash light then turn it off the it should start blinking agian if it's not the light the look for a small red push botton and do the same as instructed above good luck. if this information has been useful please let us know thank you...
Posted on Aug 02, 2009
The ECU has lost your key-codes or the ignition (anti-theft device) is broken... When u put your key in the ignition the security light should go out.
Posted on Feb 26, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
No need to panic rush through this procedure, just do it right. Haste makes waste.
1. Simultaneously depress and release brake and accelerator pedals 1 time.
2. Insert an original Master Key into the ignition but do not turn it.
3. Within 15 seconds depress and release accelerator pedal 5 times.
4. Within 20 seconds depress and release the brake pedal 6 times and remove key.
5. Within 10 seconds insert New Key into ignition but do not turn it.
6. Within 10 seconds depress and release the accelerator pedal 1 time.
7. Now sit and wait for about one minute until the security light in the center counsel stops blinking and turns off.
8. Remove new key and depress and release brake pedal 1 time.
9. Test your key now. It should work if you followed the instructions. If not, you may want to try the following instructions:
This procedure is for 2002 Camry and most other models in this year of Toyota. In the future always give the model as well as year and make. Thanks
Nov 06, 2016 | Toyota Cars & Trucks
Here are step-by-step instructions for the removal and re-installation of your ignition cylinder on your Toyota. Hope this sheds some light on the subject and solves your problem. Have a great day!
Jul 28, 2016 | Toyota Cars & Trucks
Nov 05, 2015 | 2004 Ford Explorer
Apr 05, 2014 | 2002 Toyota RAV4
Feb 04, 2014 | Toyota RAV4 Cars & Trucks
Mar 04, 2012 | 2001 Toyota Sequoia
Jan 07, 2011 | 2002 Chevrolet Camaro
Apr 15, 2010 | 2003 Toyota RAV4
823 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!