Question about 1993 Chevrolet C3500
Sometimes it will start up and run on the first try. and it always starts good cold. just bought the truck and dont know much about it. it has only 75000 miles on it and it is the true miles.does not look like it has ever been tuned maybe this is the problem. i replaced fuel and air filter about 500 miles ago
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
1994 Chevy Truck K 2500 Suburban 4WD V8-393 6.5L DSL
Fuel Cut Solenoid: Testing and Inspection
An inoperative shutdown solenoid can cause a no-start condition. Disconnect solenoid harness connector and with ignition switch in the "ON"
position momentarily touch solenoid harness connector to solenoid connector. If a "click" sound is heard, the solenoid circuit is operating
properly. If "click" is not heard, the system should be diagnosed as follows:
1. With test lamp connected to ground and the ignition switch in the "ON" position, backprobe the shutdown harness connector. If the test lamp
does not light check for open circuit form the ignition switch to the solenoid.
2. If the test lamp lights, check the ground circuit between solenoid stud and injection pump cover to see if connectors are clean and tight. If the
connections are not clean and tight repair and retest.
3. If the ground circuit is "OK", remove the injection pump cover. Connect a jumper wire between solenoid ground connector and ground. With
the ignition switch in the "ON" position, momentarily touch shutdown solenoid harness connector to shutdown solenoid terminal. If solenoid
operates, check for internal injection pump problem.
4. If the solenoid will not operate, replace the shutdown solenoid.
Fuel Cut Solenoid: Service and Repair
REMOVE OR DISCONNECT:
1. Remove pump cover.
2. Terminal contact nuts.
INSTALL OR CONNECT:
1. Solenoid in the pump cover.
- On the shutdown solenoid, make sure that the linkage is free.
- On the cold advance solenoid, make sure that the plunger is centered so that it will contact the check ball in the fitting.
2. Insulating washers on the terminal studs.
3. Terminal nuts and tighten to 1 Nm (9 in lbs).
4. Pump cover.
5. Inspect solenoid operation prior to installing the pump cover. Use a 12 volt DC power source.
Posted on Sep 10, 2009
I have a 90 chevy k1500 350 tbi with same problem! I have traced problem to... after turning on key fuel pump kicks on when u crank it over injectors shoot gas and truck starts! After few seconds injectors stop spraying and truck dies! This can happen many times over and over! Eventually sometimes truck stays running and all is great! I changed ignition module, oil pressure sending unit (which i was told controls gas after vehicle is running) fuel filter, computer, fuel pump relay, I am at a loss now! Hope this helps and hope someone can help me!
Posted on Oct 21, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 10, 2015 | 1994 Chevrolet S-10
Jul 30, 2011 | 1991 GMC C1500
Aug 25, 2010 | 1996 Chevrolet C3500
Aug 08, 2010 | 1988 Chevrolet C1500
Oct 17, 2009 | 1993 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer
Aug 26, 2009 | 1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
Jun 25, 2009 | 1999 Saab 9-5
Apr 20, 2009 | 1993 Buick Regal
Dec 27, 2008 | 1994 Ford F150 Styleside Supercab
Jun 26, 2008 | 1999 Dodge Ram
161 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: