Question about Pontiac Grand Am

1 Answer

What is the triangle piece of steel called the connects the frame to the suspension on a 97 grand am

My front tire is hitting the fender wall.

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that gotĀ 5 achievements.


    An expert that hasĀ over 500 points.


    An expert who has answered 200 questions.

  • Expert
  • 278 Answers

Lower Control Arm. Have your Struts and springs looked at too something else could be worn out. get it all done at the same time to save time.

Posted on Oct 29, 2012


6 Suggested Answers

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

  • 3 Answers

SOURCE: 2002 Grand Am body parts

The official name would be the fender. The panel above the rear wheels are referred to as the quarter panels. You will probably pay a lot more money than you need to by ordering an OEM part online. I would call your local salvage yards and ask them if they have a fender off a similar car. I think the 1999-2005 parts are interchangeable. It will still need to be painted by a trusted paint shop but I still think you will save money and your son's car will still look real good!

Posted on Oct 08, 2008

  • 54 Answers

SOURCE: should new front suspension cost $500?

Yes, depending on what specific components on your front end were damaged and in need of replacement the cost could easily be $500.

Posted on Feb 22, 2009

  • 2007 Answers

SOURCE: what is the piece under the grille called that

lower valance.

Posted on Sep 17, 2009

  • 784 Answers

SOURCE: no shock absorbing going on

sounds like it is now time for new shocks. they are not to hard to install if you are mechanically inclined,, if not - if you stop by your local Midas* shop it should only take them about an hour to replace. the cost of new shocks depends on what quality and dependability you are looking for.
always ask about warranty when buying shocks. also when you get your Jeep worked on the mechanics will also be able to tell you how well your front brakes are holding up and most shops will grease all your bushings and they do a good job of getting you up to date on other parts that might need some service in the near or distant future,, always ask questions to stay informed about your Jeep.
Have a great New Year,


Posted on Jan 01, 2011

  • 463 Answers

SOURCE: right front fender hit wall now the car won't

Your emergency, " fuel shut off switch " has most likely been activated. It's a saftey feature, that is very sensitive to vehicle impacts, and is designed to prevent fuel fires in the event of an accident.

That is the first thing I would have checked.

I hope this helps.

Posted on Jan 30, 2011

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

2013 lariat can I put put larger tires on my truck?

Yes, ..BUT.. There are a couple issues that must be considered..
Front end first.
1. Clearance = at the fenders when the suspension moves the tires to max travel upward... == 2. When the tires are turned full travel left and right ( full suspension travel also)..make sure the tires will clear the frame/suspension components (at full turn - left and right)
Next is the front end geometry (toe-in -caster/camber) is set after you install the new tires... larger tires will also decrease your milage (harder for the engine to turn).. REAR END - make sure the tires clear the fenders when the suspension moves through the full travel range.. if the tires stick outside the fenders, you MIGHT have an issue at full suspension compression.. not to mention throwing "stuff" all over your truck!

Oct 24, 2017 | Cars & Trucks

2 Answers

How do I fix wobbly tires on my

have the front end and suspension checked for worn out parts and repair then do a wheel alignment. if its a defective tire replace.

Apr 10, 2015 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Condensation water from air conditioner soaking front and rear passenger carpets. Where is drain located?

98 grand cherokee limited 5.2L same problem found leak not from heater box but from drain mount on firewall under the glove box not behind it. drain line should be located behind right front tire in the frame. Turn your wheels hard left look inside fender well right side towards back side. hole in frame where drain line should come out.

Sep 10, 2012 | 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee

1 Answer

So I wrecked my car. I hit the right side near where the fender meets the door. I popped the door off the hinges, wrecked the fender and front bumper, all of which I know I have to replace. As well as a...

best bet is get the manufactures service manual its lot better than haynes usally can find on ebay cheaper ... also check they have diagrams n oem parts

Jul 18, 2011 | 2004 Saturn ION

1 Answer

My front driver side tire blew out the lug nuts and the tire shout out. I need to replace the fender and studs. Could you tell me how to replace the fender?

The fender is bolted to the frame on the top, front, bottom and also at the rear, by the door. Just loosen all the bolts holding it on, pull it off and put the new one back on with all the same bolts. Also, the top bolts on the fender are hex type bolt heads.

Oct 25, 2010 | 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee

1 Answer

97 jeep grand cherokee, strange pop\clunk sound

Check the front stabilizer bar and the bushings on it. It is located under the radiator with arms that bend back to each front tire.

Jan 11, 2010 | 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee

1 Answer

Hit curb while turning, tire rubs firewall

If you did not damage the frame, you more than likely damaged the lower control arm (a triangle shaped aluminum part which mounts to steering knuckle(tire side) and two bushing mounts (To frame) Check the condition against the undamaged side. If the control arm is damaged see if you can get one from a junk yard. If you do replace any part yourself Get an alignment immediately after repair.

Oct 14, 2009 | 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix

1 Answer

Hit on right rear at wheel well, wheel pushed in at top what could be the problem?????thanksComment posted on May 11, 2200+9-

I don't understand your question fully (Hit?). If you were involved and a collision and your tire rubs on the fender, get the fender fixed ASAP! Tires can get peeled like a banana if they come into contact with any sharp piece of metal, and if its rubbing on the inner fender, then friction heat caused by this can cause the tire become weak in that area and subsequently blow out.... If that is not the problem, or case then her are more causes for tires rubbing...

Tires "Out of Alignment", non-factory rims and/or tires, wrong size,width, rim "off-set" etc., suspension coil springs and. or shocks (car sitting lower than usual), twisted chassis due to accident or other impacts

May 11, 2009 | 1992 Buick LeSabre

Not finding what you are looking for?
Cars & Trucks Logo

Related Topics:

33 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Pontiac Experts


Level 3 Expert

79186 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22326 Answers

Jeffrey Turcotte
Jeffrey Turcotte

Level 3 Expert

8836 Answers

Are you a Pontiac Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides