- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The Headlight Assembly is not difficult to remove but you do need to be careful NOT to pull on the Headlight Assembly and break the clips
1. Open the S60's hood and locate the pin that is behind the headlight assembly of the bulb that needs replacement. The pin has a handle on the top. Pull the pin straight out of the headlight assembly.
2. Push on the back of the headlight assembly until it comes out the front of the S60. There is an electrical connection on the back of the assembly; unplug the connection.
3. Press on both clamp on the assembly. The clamps are on either side. Push them in together so that the cover releases.
4 Uncover the bulb by pulling on the small plastic cover that covers each bulb. Push the visible wire aside. Pull the bulb straight out.
5 Push a new bulb in and push the metal wire back over it to secure the bulb in the assembly. Push the covers back on.
6. Reconnect the electrical harness to the assembly and push the assembly back into place. Push the retaining pin all the way back down into place.
You must be replacing the connectors to the lights, this is not hard to do, bumper doesnt need to be removed , this is like replacing a headlight bulb, remove the rubber cover to access the bulb then open the release clip to remove the bulb disconnect the connector from the bulb, take the new one and match up make sure to algin connectors and see which wire goes where, cut one at a time and connect to the same location as where you get of the old one, good luck
For the RH headlight, First remove the top cover of the ECU module just behind the headlight. Then remove the middle section leaving the ECU in place. Both parts are just clipped in so should come out fairly easily. You will then be able to get access the the headlight bulb, release the spring clip at the top (using a mirror helps) and the bulb should come out. For the LH side remove the air filter housing.
Bulb is an H7 55w - price depends on brand (Hella or Sylvania Silver Star much higher than standard Sylvania). To change, open hood and look for round plastic cover over back of headlight. It's about the diameter of a big orange. Turn to remove. Remove black plastic connector (2 wires) from the bulb BEFORE you remove the spring holding the bulb in. New bulb goes in with the small square tab pointing up. Don't touch the glass part of bulb with your hands - your body oil will cause it to fail sooner. Getting the spring back on can take some effort. Then reconnect wire. And be sure to put the plastic cover back on.