Question about Cars & Trucks
Wont pair with car homelink system
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Have you remembered to push the little button on the head of the garage door. most of the new ones use a rolling code and you have to push the button and make it flash, then you just hold your button on you home link, it blinks slow I think then blinks fast. and you are done.
Posted on Sep 15, 2008
I couldn't program the first one, but I was able to program the 2nd button. I programmed it from the main system and not the remote. I also had a hard time programming remote to homelink.
Posted on May 07, 2009
Homelink has this information available for free on their website.
The procedure is fairly easy however it varies depending on what functions you want programmed and if your opener has "rolling code technology".
Here is the website www.homelink.com.
Posted on Mar 11, 2010
UNPLUG EVERYTHING NEAR THE GARAGE EXCEPT THE OPENER IF THAT HELPS PLUG THEM IN ONE AT A TIME UNTIL YOU FIND THE PROBLEM.
PROBABLY RF COMING FROM SOMETHING IN THE GARAGE, FREEZER, BATTERY CHARGER (IN AN RV OR MOTORCYCLE)
OR A LIGHT TRANSFORMER - EVEN ANOTHER DOOR OPENER CAN CAUSE PROBLEMS - YOU DIDN'T LIST THE BRAND OF OPENER, GENIE HAS REPLACEMENT RECIEVERS IF YOU HAVE MORE THAN ONE UNIT IN A GARAGE.
HOPE THIS HELPS
Posted on May 26, 2010
THEY MAKE THE SYSTEM AND HAVE INSTRUCTIONS YOU CAN DOWNLOAD.
PLEASE NOTE: NOT ALL BRANDS/MODELS OF OPENER WILL WORK WITH THIS SYSTEM.
HOPE THIS HELPS
Posted on May 26, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
The instructions in the owner's manual are correct, but after following them, my garage door installer and I discovered a few quirks and fixes for them.
It is important to park the Touareg in front of the garage door. Be careful not to park underneath it.
If your remote garage door transmitters are already programmed to your door opener, you need to do the following steps:
1. On the garage door opener itself, there is a learn button. Press and hold down the learn button until the learn indicator light goes out (approx. 6 seconds). (The learn button is near the antenna on your door opener.) By doing this, you have just reset the codes. At this point your remote door transmitters will most likely not work. This is o.k.
2. In the Touareg, press and hold whichever homelink button you want to program until the light above the homelink buttons slowly blinks. Continue to hold the button in and at the same time, hold your remote transmitter underneath the map lights and press the button. Continue to press both buttons until the homelink light rapidly flashes. Let go of both buttons.
3. You now have 30 seconds to press the learn button on your garage door opener. Press it once. The light will start to blink.
4. Go back to the Touareg, press and hold the homelink button you just programmed for 3 seconds until you get a blinking light. Repeat again. This time, it should open or close the door. The homelink button is now programmed.
5. Now that the homelink button is programmed, you now have to re-program your remote transmitters. Take the transmitters with you.
6. On the garage door opener, press the learn button, the light will blink. Now press the button on the remote transmitter. The light should stop blinking. Repeat the step if you have more than one transmitter. You should be all set. The homelink button should work in the Touareg and your remote transmitter(s) should also work.
In summary, the rolling codes in the door opener receiver have to be reset. For some reason, the Touareg has to be programmed FIRST. Then the remote transmitter units. If the remote transmitter units are already programmed, you will most likely not be able to program the homelink in the Touareg for a rolling code door opener.
Mar 14, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
on May 29, 2010 | BMW 528 Cars & Trucks
Dec 19, 2010 | GMC Yukon XL Cars & Trucks
May 15, 2010 | 2001 Nissan Altima
Oct 26, 2009 | 2006 Honda Pilot
Apr 16, 2009 | 2005 Lexus RX330
Mar 07, 2009 | 2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer
Feb 02, 2009 | 2005 Infiniti FX35
Nov 13, 2008 | 2005 Honda Pilot
Oct 11, 2008 | 2003 Acura MDX
77 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!