Question about Ford Ranger
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
hi hi tricky one if you carn't open a door with a bent welding rod you might get at the bonnet release by removing the grill if you have a towbar with carravan electrics /2sockets try charging the battery throgh the socket if all else fails you will have to remove the rear window /it's easier than the front screen hope this helps merlinv12
Posted on Aug 19, 2009
If you open fusebox in footwell there is a RED section you pull out by fuse removal tool-this can be used as a permenant feed for a battery jump pack-red lead on the Red in fusebox and black on door check strap this will give you power to open front boot to get to battery.
Posted on Oct 22, 2009
SOURCE: bonnet will not open with key
Not sure if the solution can be applied to 2006 focus, I have an European Mk2 Focus which also having the same problem. Here is what you can try.
1. Jack up the car on the lifter.
2. Open bottom engine cover.
3. Loosen two (10mm) screws which secure the bonnet lock assembly. The screws located between air manifold and radiator.
4. Once the screws released, disconnect the alarm cable/socket connected to the lock assembly.
5. Try pull open the bonnet, it may require little force to pull the bonnet open due to a little white plastic link (~1" long, plus (+)shaped) is still connected between the lock assy. and cable assy. Failure to release bonnet lock is only caused by this plastic link!
6. Once the bonnet opened, the cable assy can be detached by pulling it from engine side out. Inspect the plastic link if it worn out.
1. Attach lock and cable assy. Ensure the plastic link is properly inserted in its place between lock and cable assy. Test the mechanism with the car key.
2. Insert the whole assembly from engine side out.
3. Secure with two 10mm screws, reconnect alarm cable.
4. Reinstall bottom engine cover.
Hope this help. Sorry for my English.
Posted on Nov 14, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
May 26, 2016 | 2000 Ford Ranger SuperCab
Jan 05, 2013 | 2002 Jaguar X-Type
Mar 04, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
Jun 23, 2010 | 2006 Ford Focus
Dec 06, 2009 | 2000 Volvo S40
Oct 31, 2009 | 2006 Ford Focus
Oct 11, 2009 | 1998 Ford Ranger SuperCab
261 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: